Would Thom Yorkes abstract lyrics fit Muses "in your face" bluntness? Love both bands, but god, could not see their writing styles gelling well at all.

I don't think anyone is serious and I don't think the lyrics would be the biggest issue.

I wonder why they switched B+H for Map?

14 songs is pathetic. They need to seriously take a big break and come back refreshed for the next tour cycle...22 songs should be the bare minimum next time. Will it happen? Or will the sets continue to get shorter? *shudders*

Edited by cyborgninja117

Dunno how much the 12 minute Globalist+Drones thing counts as an excuse, but at a festival you could fit 2/3 songs into that slot, and as much as it was the best bit of the Glastonbury set, I'm not sure if its just sucking the place.

Maybe next tour it'll be longer by virtue of it not being in the setlist. Or until they write a 17 minute song and we get 11 on the next tour. :p

I thought the first rule of the thread was being senseless.

I thought the first rule was "no positivity". But each to their own.

I thought the first rule was "no positivity". But each to their own.

"Senseless Negativity" is actually a really good name for a riff.

Stockholm Syndrome + Maggie's Farm riff + Township Rebellion riff + Senseless Negativity riff + Dead Star Riff.

Okay, I may be taking back what I said before about being up for more of this era. It looks like they just want it to be over at this point so maybe just kill it after these next 3 gigs.

I think a break wouldn't be a bad thing tbf.

"Senseless Negativity" is actually a really good name for a riff.

Stockholm Syndrome + Maggie's Farm riff + Township Rebellion riff + Senseless Negativity riff + Dead Star Riff.

... yeah, strangely.

Could christen the next random jam riff we don't have a name for that. Assuming they go for one then just the usual Township Rebellion+Execution Commentary+Endless Nameless sequence.

If we are going to go there, Sigur Ros is miles better than Radiohead. Next album Matt should try to experiment with harmonies in the guitar tracks, the extended bit in Unnatural Selection was great, i wouldn't mind an album full of these kind of songs.