Starlight at Reading 2011 was a very good version, both on pro-shot and from the ground. And not just because Matt played a slightly incorrect guitar part. :chuckle:

In general I'd say Muse were better live on T2L Tour than on TR Tour, but Starlight was one where that went into reverse. Was very odd at the O2 in April when it was outshone by Prelude.

There's more to it than that. The guitar and bass tones are different, and everything is mixed/produced differently.

Turn up the guitar, distort the bass some more, and add some more reverb to everything and you've got something close enough. Guitar tones for basically everything were better after BH&R anyways.

Nah, to me the change took place after The Resistance Tour, setlist-wise is not a favourite here but the performances were solid and the Resistance Stadium Tour is still my favourite tour of the band (even if short). After that, with the T2L, less instruments were used and sometimes completely dropped from songs (guitars on Follow Me, Starlight...). During the Showbiz to Resistance eras it was unthinkable a Matt without a guitar or a piano, after that, no.

:

Most of the negativity regarding The Resistance tour was about the lack of variety (until the second leg of the tour) and the tower production along with the fact that we were getting two songs less than the Europeans along with the consensus that it was a disappointing Muse album.

T2L's stage design/setlist variety/comparable length (for the arena tour) was a huge step in the right direction for American fans but it was clear that they were struggling between the two sides of their material (the rock and the pop).

Drones tour: Too many hits, little to no variety, hardcore fans not being represented and The Globalist meant that 2 other songs didn't get played. Since we were the first people to get the 360 tour, we didn't get the refinements and by the time those were implemented, it was too late. Especially in the case of the removal of Reapers and the fact that UD was played every single night for the entire American tour.

I understand that as a tour goes on, changes will be made but at the same time, fans shouldn't have to pray that they're the last stop of the tour. Anyways, it's very strange that my favorite album since BH&R had the worst tour especially considering that it was basically a complete 180 in a month between the arenas and the awesome 7 month period prior to that.

TR Tour was a sleeping pill. The performances were solid, but stale and suffering from Matt's fear of losing his voice (dropped pretty much every song that had notes above G4 in chest voice), and of course the consistently mediocre setlists. At the time, their energy levels were surprisingly low as well, but that's something I've come to expect nowadays, so it doesn't look as bad in hindsight.

Well, there was a gig today in Bucharest. No piano slot. No rarity. The only "other" song than usual was Resistance. I watched a Peri, with a pretty dead crowd. But beautiful scenery !! But if the crowd is lifeless, well I watched the end of SMBH, then Munich jam and Madness... :stunned::(

Edited by Claudia O.