I remember watching this one at the time... the lasers were so cool. :)

re acoustic version.. not sure about this. What would the tone of the song be? The lyrics are sad, yet the instrumental and the synchronised clapping, which is what people seem to like in live performance, are upbeat. Presumably a stripped back acoustic version would lose the latter, and turn it into a sad (?mawkish) song. Muse have a number of ballads which they don't play live, and not many people seem to want.

I like the idea in theory but it'd make the song even more boring than it already is live. I wish they'd do it like a proper rock song like it was in 06/07

Aye that'd be much better. Just an idle suggestion to jazz up a song that's been fairly unremarkable live for a while, if they're not going to do that.

Damn. That really was peak Muse.

If I'd become a fan two years earlier :(

I'm not even that fussed about missing the Abso and OOS eras but knowing I was that close to Black Holes is a kick in the arse </3 Would've been a fan in 2004/2005 if I'd have known how to search up song sources better.

I'm not even that fussed about missing the Abso and OOS eras but knowing I was that close to Black Holes is a kick in the arse </3 Would've been a fan in 2004/2005 if I'd have known how to search up song sources better.

Likewise. I got into them around the BH&R era, but I wasn't really that into the community and live show stuff until a good while after that. I also had no money to buy the CD's, so I would download random songs from Limewire. Half of them were mislabeled, which kind of added to the mystery. It was a fun way to get into a band. Still, it feels like I've missed out on a lot of great stuff. Curse myself for not being older.

I saw them in dallas for the T2L tour and the Drones tour. T2L was much better. The pyramid stage was way cooler imo and the band was much more energetic. Matt even put on a cowboy hat during KoC and played the star spangled banner on guitar. The drones tour had little to no jamming outside of the reapers outro, although they did play CE. Regarding the setlist thing, I don't think Matt realizes how many hardcore muse fans there are. There are people who either know the hits, or people that know every song they've ever made. Not a whole lot in between. Before they played sunburn on the T2L tour, he said "this song is from our first album, maybe a few of you will know it" and the whole crowd went crazy much to his surprise. I'd say 60% of the crowd is hardcore fans, 20% only know the hits, and 20% are there cause they heard muse are good live.

Maybe we're all like that. Although ironically I remember this place being similarly negative back then. :chuckle:

I got into them just too late to get tickets for RAH/V though. They would've been sweet first gigs.

Did someone say good Starlight? The HD version of that seems to have disappeared sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkgD7_M7U4

Is still in the bootleg site in HD, i think? Amazing perfrmance and beautifully filmed. They only did three tracks but i wish the whole album was captured that way. That will be the best extra for an album. Disc 1 - The Album. Disc 2 - The Album played live in a studio.

It isn't. Sure, the vocals were stronger but at least it remained a pop rock song with the heavy guitar.

There's more to it than that. The guitar and bass tones are different, and everything is mixed/produced differently.

Most pro shots put the Rome version to shame.

I don't know, I just think we should separate pre-BHaR-Muse and post-BHaR-Muse live shows, like, I think the Rome version of Plug in Baby is one of the best 'modern' live versions of it(then again, I love the raw destruction it was back in the day).

I don't know, I just think we should separate pre-BHaR-Muse and post-BHaR-Muse live shows.

Nah, to me the change took place after The Resistance Tour, setlist-wise is not a favourite here but the performances were solid and the Resistance Stadium Tour is still my favourite tour of the band (even if short). After that, with the T2L, less instruments were used and sometimes completely dropped from songs (guitars on Follow Me, Starlight...). During the Showbiz to Resistance eras it was unthinkable a Matt without a guitar or a piano, after that, no.

Wembley 2010 was the last hooray of the old Muse, with some sporadic revival like the Psycho Tour and Montreux :LOL: