And this is why I dislike these forums so much. Of course there are other examples out there. Want more? Search yourself. I'm not gonna write a 20-page article on that, but the same has happened to multiple other bands :sleepy:

Wait, you honestly believe that there is a pattern of bands who reach a peak in their 40s? And no one asked you to write an article. Trying to make it look like people are being unreasonable doesn't work when all you really needed to do was namedrop some bands.

And you do realise that this is all opinions, so it's not something you can just "search"? To some people, your favourite Nightwish album is their least favourite. Then we have another example just above where people can't agree on Metallica's albums.

It's not like I can search to find when Muse released their best album.

Do you honestly dislike boards because you're called out on nonsense? Well...I guess it's not that surprising.

:LOL:

You are laughing cause you know it's true :p

Let's see Bloom starts great and goes absolutely nowhere, Magpie :LOL:, Little By Little sounds like bad old b side, Feral :LOL: Lotus average song, Codex would be my pick for a good track there but they aslo did better songs with similar sound, Ghost also just doesn't go anywhere but had potential and Separator is just forgettable

And this is why I dislike these forums so much. Of course there are other examples out there. Want more? Search yourself. I'm not gonna write a 20-page article on that, but the same has happened to multiple other bands :sleepy:

"there's a pattern, see just this one example proves there's a pattern"

"one example is not a pattern"

"well look for the other examples yourselves!"

You are laughing cause you know it's true :p

Let's see Bloom starts great and goes absolutely nowhere, Magpie :LOL:, Little By Little sounds like bad old b side, Feral :LOL: Lotus average song, Codex would be my pick for a good track there but they aslo did better songs with similar sound, Ghost also just doesn't go anywhere but had potential and Separator is just forgettable

Ah yes, you sure showed me.

I'm not sure a Radiohead-Muse comparison is a particularly useful one, because Muse seem to care far more about commercial performance and writing songs to fill stadiums than Radiohead do. Even if Muse go a bit experimental on LP8, I'm pretty sure there will still be one middle-of-the road, soft cheese fest on the album, which will harm our perception of it when it comes out.

(I'd love to be proven wrong though)

Muse seem to care far more about commercial performance and writing songs to fill stadiums

That's why i would want an album full of Exgenesis, Handlers and Globalists. I just want them to do the kind of music they like trying to be a good as possible, without thinking in what the general public will say or how the songs are going to be translated live. To me an album is more important than a tour, anyway.

I'd definitely take more songs in the vein of Overture and Redemption on a future album, Overture is pretty haunting. I was never a big fan of Cross-Pollination though. As for The Globalist...I'm just annoyed it's taking up precious space in the live sets these days. :LOL:

Think Tjet's idea of Celldweller may be pretty good for that heavy electronic edge and for some extra (proggy) beef maybe have Amos and/or Acle (depending how majestic the album needs to be) from Tesseract as well.

Not very familiar with Celldweller's music but from what I've heard it sounds rather good.