They really have to mime? :eek:

Yes, however, B&H would be the perfect choice

more speculation ;)

if they did perform then in all likeliness the band may just (its global PR for gawds sake so of course they'd like to) perform live, but have a backing track just in case theres a problem with stage equipment.

Miming entirely on stage just isnt in Muse's vocabulary

Didn't Matt wave his arms around during the piano in Newborn? Or was this a different show?

That was in 2001, I think. What Kueller was referring to happened in 2006, the band was promoting BH&R and "played" Supermassive, without swapping places and just miming the song.

There is a huge conspiracy theory surrounding the games, so it would be odd if Muse was there. That said, the conspiracy stuff is mostly flawed, made-up and the USA-centric, no different to usual.

This article is from a year ago, so it's nothing new, but it doesn't appear to have been posted here.... http://www.contactmusic.com/news/coldplay-and-muse-set-for-olympics-launch_1211727

Kind of confusing because at first it says Muse is "lined up to perform", and then it says they're "in the running to join a star-studded line-up". :confused:

I like how all of those are from Devon. :chuckle:

I love thought of Dom miming the piano line to B&H during the opening ceremony. :chuckle:

There is controversy about miming - I swear there was a little girl at the Olympics in Beijing who mimed to a backing track and everyone got really pissed off about it.

They got pissed because they (the Chinese gov) thought the girl that was actually singing was too ugly, so they dubbed her voice over another girl performing it. That's how my former Chinese teachers explained it to us, anyway.

As for Muse, I doubt they will perform at The Olympics.

They got pissed because they (the Chinese gov) thought the girl that was actually singing was too ugly, so they dubbed her voice over another girl performing it. That's how my former Chinese teachers explained it to us, anyway.

To be fair, I can see why people got pissed off at that, that's pretty damn harsh on the real singer.

How many people usually perform during the opening ceremony? If just one, I'd wager it'd be Coldplay rather than Muse.

As for Muse, I doubt they will perform at The Olympics.

Oh yeah that's it... I thought that was a rumour she was shite. I think I knew that it was miming to someone else's voice, although at the least it was miming.

To be fair, I can see why people got pissed off at that, that's pretty damn harsh on the real singer.

How many people usually perform during the opening ceremony? If just one, I'd wager it'd be Coldplay rather than Muse.

Coldplay are playing at the closing of the paralympic games

so music will be pre-recorded but live singing?

i rememebr Matt mentioned in one of the early interviews that the coolest idea for the Olympics ceremony would be an anti-gravity levitating stage

so music will be pre-recorded but live singing?

i rememebr Matt mentioned in one of the early interviews that the coolest idea for the Olympics ceremony would be an anti-gravity levitating stage

So tjej might switch places again :D

• 3 weeks later...
Uprising and Map Of The Problematique are on the official playlist of songs during the opening ceremony.

I'm not sure why given their lyrical content, particulary that of Uprising. :chuckle:

Have you seen some of the other stuff though. God save the queen...

Archived