Creep, the EastEnders theme and Firestarter. Amazing.

I'm very surprised at the lack of Take That though, would've thought they'd be an obvious choice.

I think they decided not to include anything by artists used at the Jubilee Concert earlier this month, albiet with the exception of Paul McCartney (Beatles stuff, plus himself at the closing ceremony).

Good considering the majority of the bill for that was terrible.

• 1 month later...
I would've thought they'd have announced it by now, it'd bring in a lot of viewers...odd. I wasn't planning on watching the Olympics but I'll watch the opening ceremony, just in case.

I know, it's strange. But there still has to be an official press release, right? Maybe they can't say anything until that moment. Plus, I've heard there's a big talk about Spice Girls performing at the closing ceremony.

I'll watch the ceremony as well. What time does it start? 8 pm UK?

Oh have we? Maybe I'm not up to date then...what's the latest?

Chris telling to a fan he didn't know if they played the closing ceremony, and rumors on twitter, most of all. Pretty much nothing, I know :LOL: I think we'll have to wait when they confirm the line-up for the opening ceremony. Of course at this stage it's likely they'll play at the closing.

No idea how much of this has been mentioned since I haven't been through the entire thread, but Uncut may be suggesting that Muse will be playing (tbh it's a bit unclear, they could be referring to the song playlist). They seem to be more excited about the possibility of the Arctic Monkeys though.

Link: http://goo.gl/akH7l

Archived