I'm thinking that it's a bit late for them to be discussing the Olympic Ceremony now, would've thought that would be planned months ago.

I think it might be about the possibility of playing a gig at a special venue where they have to get the council's approval. Maybe a big gig in a park or something?

I'm thinking that it's a bit late for them to be discussing the Olympic Ceremony now, would've thought that would be planned months ago.

I think it might be about the possibility of playing a gig at a special venue where they have to get the council's approval. Maybe a big gig in a park or something?

Yep, it's more likely

They wouldn't have to talk to a secretary of state for something like that :LOL:

This article is from a year ago, so it's nothing new, but it doesn't appear to have been posted here.... http://www.contactmusic.com/news/coldplay-and-muse-set-for-olympics-launch_1211727

Rockers Coldplay and Muse, and fellow British star Joss Stone, are among the acts who are lined up to perform at the opening of the 2012 Olympics in London.

The Yellow hitmakers are reportedly top of organisers' wish-list of acts to perform a specially-written track for the opening ceremony of the prestigious sporting event.

Soul singer Stone, Supermassive Black Hole rockers Muse, and Blur frontman Damon Albarn are also in the running to join a star-studded line-up at the launch of the event in July next year (2012).

Kind of confusing because at first it says Muse is "lined up to perform", and then it says they're "in the running to join a star-studded line-up". :confused:

This article is from a year ago, so it's nothing new, but it doesn't appear to have been posted here.... http://www.contactmusic.com/news/coldplay-and-muse-set-for-olympics-launch_1211727

Kind of confusing because at first it says Muse is "lined up to perform", and then it says they're "in the running to join a star-studded line-up". :confused:

being as the other bands that were in the running and have got those slots, makes me think why havent muse been announced, that is if they are not performing.. has Joss Stone been announced in any of the festivities?

I wish they would just confirm or deny so I can either pay £1,000+ for an Opening Ceremony ticket or breathe a sigh of relief and save some dough. :p

Okay, so I wouldn't really spend that much, but I'd be majorly bummed if I missed out on seeing Muse live in London. I've seen every show here since 2006, so I'd be pissed at having missed the chance. :(

Speculation's already started that they might play B&H, Invincible or other 'uplifting' tracks, but I highly doubt they'd perform really old material just for the lyrics.

EDIT: Oh, and Contact Music isn't exactly the world's most reliable source, so I wouldn't take everything they write as hard facts ;).

IF they play, imho, they'll play new material.

Could do, but to be honest I think it's more likely that they'll be asked to do a cover of a hugely famous and inspirational song that most people would be able to sing along with. I don't really see this as a marketing opportunity for their new album, but rather the organisers wanting a successful British band who are decent at performing live to give crowds a good show (i.e. Muse).

I could, however, be wrong. I hope I am, cos I want to hear new stuff, but at the mo I can't see it happening. They seem to be more precious about playing new material before they've polished it till it's squeaky, so they might chicken out ;).

Archived