Seeing as how the US television networks think that we don't know any artists that aren't from the US they'll probably omit their performance.

All the artists will be British, they'd have to omit all the performances.

tickets are still available. at $1885. I am considering. :$

If you're considering paying what will ultimately cost around $3000 to hear Muse play a single, not very good song, then you should probably seek some kind of advice. Medical, psychosocial, religious, crazy cat lady next door, at this stage anything would be more rational.

Now only £1500 tickets left. I might pay that for a Muse gig on Mars, but not to a fecking Olympic concert, essentially! It's shocking money and the LOCOG people should be slated for selling tickets at a price like that. There's 'once in a lifetime' and there's plain insanity :p. Anyways, much as it would be mind blowing to see them in the venue, a friend of mine who went to the Opening Ceremony said he could barely hear/see much of it and felt far-removed from the 'action'. I'd rather have the best seat from my sofa, which is free :D.

I can't listen to Survival without thinking about how they'd perform this - and it only just dawned on me that it's this week! :facepalm: lol! I keep picturing Dom wearing spandex-style Gymnastics clothing - cos he just would. :LOL:

I doubt LOCOG would let them be silly about it but it would be funny if they each wore a different GB kit while performing. Dom would jump at the chance to wear skin-tight lycra :p.

I can't listen to Survival without thinking about how they'd perform this - and it only just dawned on me that it's this week! :facepalm: lol! I keep picturing Dom wearing spandex-style Gymnastics clothing - cos he just would. :LOL:
:LOL:

I also keep picturing how they'd perform this. I keep imagining Matt going crazy on the guitar and the choir in the back or side of the stage....

....and it will probably be nothing like this cos Matt will be nervous as hell and perhaps there won't be a choir at all lol

:LOL:

I also keep picturing how they'd perform this. I keep imagining Matt going crazy on the guitar and the choir in the back or side of the stage....

....and it will probably be nothing like this cos Matt will be nervous as hell and perhaps there won't be a choir at all lol

I know, and that would be the biggest let down, cos it's the perfect time/venue to go all out: choir, orchestra - the works. It's a one-off, after all, and will probably be the biggest event they'll ever perform at (in terms of worldwide viewers).

My worst-case predictions are:

-They won't have a real orchestra and probably no choir

-Prelude won't be played

-Matt won't hit the fatality falsetto at the end (he'll play it octaves lower or just change it or move away from the mic :p)

-The instrumental bit at the end will be cut short

-LOCOG will rain on their parade by preventing them from doing anything more than a conventional 3-4minute song before rapidly moving on to the next bit.

Just to put a typical dampener on things :p. It'll still be a great performance, cos they're pros. I'd love it to be the final performance of the ceremony, but even though it's the 'official song' (lol), I doubt they'd give it such a high profile slot.

It won't be last, they will have some ancient people (cough Brian may cough) on last. But I am sure they will have orchestra and choir and prelude! :awesome:

They'll probably have an Ancient Greek Olympian on last :LOL:. I hope your certainty is accurate ;). It would be amazing if they had all that, and I'm sure the band themselves want to do it that way, but I'm just thinking about how arsey the organisers would probably be (considering LOCOG would probably ban breathing without correct sponsorship if they could) and how regimented these things are. Hopefully they'll want it to be epic too and allow the full works :awesome:.

Archived