YES! Then I'd die happy :happy: I could share Muse with my whole family. That would be nice rather than playing Muse DVDs at high volume. They'd have to admit at their coolness since they got to play at the olympics :)

Quoted for the truth man. My brother thinks Muse is second rate music. If they played at the 2012 Olympics, that'd be sweet. And, it'd probably be their biggest hit yet.

the olympics would be the perfect stage to show everyone in the world just how immense muse are (if they don't know already)

things they need:

1. Jet Pack entrance (random flights throughout songs too)

2. UFO's flying around London and above the stadium

3. The green lasers from V shooting out into the sky

4. Instruments that change colour during performance

5. Big Blackout balloons

6. Millions of Plug In Baby/Bliss balloons

7. Cameo appearance by David Tennant rapping Who Knows Who

Sorted!

Innit!!!

the olympics would be the perfect stage to show everyone in the world just how immense muse are (if they don't know already)

things they need:

1. Jet Pack entrance (random flights throughout songs too)

2. UFO's flying around London and above the stadium

3. The green lasers from V shooting out into the sky

4. Instruments that change colour during performance

5. Big Blackout balloons

6. Millions of Plug In Baby/Bliss balloons

7. Cameo appearance by David Tennant rapping Who Knows Who

Sorted!

I love you! :LOL:

Anything has got to be better than what was offered in London afterwards yesterday!!!

Scouting For Piss, Pissy Ellis Bexter and that We Will Rock You stage tour thing.... surely they could have got May and Taylor to play for them.

Stfu, We Will Rock You is awesome :p

Anything has got to be better than what was offered in London afterwards yesterday!!!.

Sore, as I had tickets for that, but couldn't go. I'll confess to loving The Feeling (shoot me now - it's a free world), but how grim were McFly!!!

2012 opening ceremony turns out to be on my birthday, guess I'll be trying hard to get tickets for that! Only worry about having a fave band there would be that they'd only get to play a couple of songs - can you imagine being satisfied with that?

Sore, as I had tickets for that, but couldn't go. I'll confess to loving The Feeling (shoot me now - it's a free world), but how grim were McFly!!!

2012 opening ceremony turns out to be on my birthday, guess I'll be trying hard to get tickets for that! Only worry about having a fave band there would be that they'd only get to play a couple of songs - can you imagine being satisfied with that?

Not quite as grim as Sophie Ellis Bextor. What on earth was she on? Or is she always that bad?

Quite liked a lot of the rest of the show though, thought it was peculiarly 'British'! (in a fairly good way!):LOL:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
arent muse and the horrors collaborating to write the anthem 4 the olympics?

That'll be Elbow.

On the other hand *I* will be performing at the Opening Ceremony, admittedly as just one of a cast of 10,000 or so. But that'll do me!

I don't know if any of you guys are aware, but a girl i speak to on Twitter met Matt about a month and she asked about the Olympics, and he said they had been asked, and then she said he looked at her like he had said too much and started talking about something else!

I think they will do something, the opening ceremony acts haven't been announced yet....

Yup, Muse are not playing the opening ceremony by the looks of it. Duran Duran are representing England, Stereophonics for Wales, Paolo Nutini for Scotland and Snow Patrol for Northern Ireland - those are the headliners. There will also be a ceremony to mark the end of the olympics which will be headlined by Blur. There is some kind of 'Best of British' line-up though, I assume this is where we will see Muse if they do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17896786

There is no way that a big British Event will happen without performances from Take That, Elton John or Sir Paul McCartney. And Coldplay, and hopefully Muse.

And surely, they need some live acts in the Olympic Stadium, its tradition, right?

And who better than Britains biggest Stadium rockers...

There is no way that a big British Event will happen without performances from Take That, Elton John or Sir Paul McCartney. And Coldplay, and hopefully Muse.

And surely, they need some live acts in the Olympic Stadium, its tradition, right?

And who better than Britains biggest Stadium rockers...

It's Sir Elton John as well, just so you know :p

Paul McCartney would be the most obvious choice, I'm surprised he isn't doing the opening ceremony actually. I'm not too fussed about Muse doing it, the only song I'd like to see them play there/would be fitting is USOE. Would the government really want a band who sings about resisting and rising up against them to play there? Or would they not mind?

Duran Duran and Paolo Nutini made me howl. Fair enough if Elbow (or even though I'm not the greatest fans of Take That or Coldplay) surely they can get someone more relevant.

Duran Duran are more relevant than people think. They're currently on a world tour that's apparently doing really well. They're just not relevant to the younger generations. I understand why they were chosen but I do think someone better could've been chosen.

Paolo Nutini was a pretty shit choice though.

Archived