Getting bored during these jams is unfathomable. What do you expect? Osaka Jam or some shit? Christ
Uhm...you think it's unfathomable to expect something to be of the same quality of something else by the same band?

If the jams aren't good enough to keep people interested, they obviously shouldn't be played, simple. I don't know why lowered expectations would make anyone less bored. It's a boring jam.

I liked the idea of the piano-based one on the last tour.

Infact everything about the T2L arena tour shows how bad the Drones one is, even if Drones is a better album

Monty Jam was great <3 Atmospheric, moody and didn't out-stay it's welcome (in terms of length, wouldn't have minded at all if it stuck around for this tour).

I think Munich Jam is awesome, I really don't know why am I the only one that thinks that :LOL:

I like MJ (moreso than Revolt and Aftermath at least). I also thought Monty Jam wasn't as good as Nishe for that sort of thing.

But then clearly I come from a different place opinion wise on a lot of subjects.

I think Munich Jam is fine. Certainly more upbeat than the Nishe jam from 2010. And I don't even really remember the jam from T2L arena tour.

Nishe was niced at Glastonbury when they used it as a transition between CE and USOE haven't heard any other versions of it. And Monty was only really used when Matts piano was on the lift?

Uhm...you think it's unfathomable to expect something to be of the same quality of something else by the same band?

If the jams aren't good enough to keep people interested, they obviously shouldn't be played, simple. I don't know why lowered expectations would make anyone less bored. It's a boring jam.

Clearly it isn't boring to the majority so that idea goes out the window. What I don't understand is how Muse fans in 2015 are bored by a jam that's heavier than 90% of the setlist.

Clearly it isn't boring to the majority so that idea goes out the window. What I don't understand is how Muse fans in 2015 are bored by a jam that's heavier than 90% of the setlist.

Is it clear?

It's not really all that heavy though. But whatever, heavy isn't what makes something interesting. Why do you think so many people prefer nishe or Monty jam to this?

Is it clear?

It's not really all that heavy though. But whatever, heavy isn't what makes something interesting. Why do you think so many people prefer nishe or Monty jam to this?

As far as this tour goes, it seems like everything is calculated for effect so I'd wager if they haven't tossed out jams from their setlists then they assume the fans enjoy them. Monty jam has always felt very insubstantial compared to Nishe in my opinion, I enjoy both but I prefer feeding off of the energy of Chris and Dom actually rocking out rather than slow grooving. I'd also say it is pretty heavy, again especially when juxtaposed by a bunch of pop songs.

As far as this tour goes, it seems like everything is calculated for effect so I'd wager if they haven't tossed out jams from their setlists then they assume the fans enjoy them. Monty jam has always felt very insubstantial compared to Nishe in my opinion, I enjoy both but I prefer feeding off of the energy of Chris and Dom actually rocking out rather than slow grooving. I'd also say it is pretty heavy, again especially when juxtaposed by a bunch of pop songs.

If they were doing that they would've thrown out half their setlist by now.

What energy? What rocking out? They just stand there and play these fairly uninspired riffs. I'd rather hear them rock out during an actual song.

This tour has been really depressing to watch so far. I'm hoping that it's improved by the time they get to Australia, but even if it has that doesn't excuse all the people who've gotten shafted. Admittedly this isn't entirely on them; as pointed out, the crowds aren't great, but Muse could at least give them something more to work with.

Heavy =/= exciting though, especially when it feels like Chris has been playing the same riff/scale for 7-8 years or whatever it is. Not that I'd even say it was particularly heavy in comparison to the older ones when I saw it.

There isn't really any energy either, it's just Chris standing with his back to the audience and Dom doing exactly what he does for pretty much the entire gig. Plus, as someone else said, there should be plenty of time during actual songs or even post-song riffs to feed off the band 'rocking out'. Monty and Nishe worked so well 'cause they were surprising and interesting changes of pace imo.

They were perfect as short (seriously, they were, what, a minute long at tops?) interludes bridging the gaps between sections of the set, which is all the jams should be imo. If they wanted to change that up, I'd rather they used instrumentals of their own songs like Minimum, Forced In, The Gallery (could give Matt something actually interesting to do with his MIDI pad again) or Con-Science.

• 3 weeks later...