Someone should start #ShrinkingUniverseFor(insert gig here). Not that the band probably even remember that song exists :( Also I wonder if Matt would even be able to sing the big falsetto properly nowadays... isn't it the same note as Showbiz?

If I remember correctly, Simon once said (no pun intended) that it is the same note as the high one in TiRO.

I love Shrinking Universe, shame it is not a more known/distributed song.

Someone should start #ShrinkingUniverseFor(insert gig here). Not that the band probably even remember that song exists :( Also I wonder if Matt would even be able to sing the big falsetto properly nowadays... isn't it the same note as Showbiz?

Bit of a stab in the dark since I don't have any instruments on hand but I think Shrinking Universe is an E5 to Showbiz' G#5, so four notes lower if I'm right. Tjet's always better for these things :chuckle:

Still vocally demanding because of how powerful it is and how long it goes on for though, plus the fact that he does it twice.

:rolleyes:

lmao silly opinyuns

tumblr_nnbg84mL4a1sxv3djo1_500.gif

To respond to the earlier discussion:

Shrinking Universe does indeed top at E5s, same as the high notes in New Born and TIRO, but obviously more demanding because it goes on for a long time. It's also the same as Supremacy, which also goes up to some G5s at times. So very similar to Supremacy. I don't doubt that Matt could perform SU live tbh. But that isn't really based on his voice in 2015 since I haven't really listened to a lot of live performances. But he DID struggle with Supremacy, so it's possible it wouldn't sound good.

2012 Matt could have done it.

Tbf I really like resistance but considering so many fans are vehemently against it they should probably drop it from the sets

I will say though that it was a big single in the US. I played TR in the car with some of my friends and everyone knew the song. They even sang along to the piano part so I know why they still play it

^ guitar hero 5

And Rocksmith.

... oh ok. Actually I recall seeing a link to PewDiePie playing it on Rocksmith and the vid of Matt doing the motion capture thing for his GH5 avatar that looked nothing like him.

No, they probably don't remember it tbf. Same with Pink Ego Box and all the other ones. Then again I thought that they thought that about Futurism.

It would be cool and extremely fucking random if it did surface. But yeah, extraordinarily unlikely.

I personally quite like UD this tour. Sounds like the bass was really beefed up. I dig it.

Well I suppose someone had to say it.

I still think the string samples were made crap when they were more heavily synthesised in 2011 and still sound rubbish. Personally I preferred it with Matt doing the DM-inspired keyboard intro, or with Matt jumping into the barrier. Now its just wasting a spot.

Its also probably gonna stick around, given the custom production for it and the fact its apparently Muse's highest charting single in Australia. Or at least according to Wikipedia it is.

I'm pretty meh on Shrinking Universe anyway tbh. It's one of those songs I don't mind being dead and understand it being so. If a hashtag gets started, I think it'd be better to try for a City Of Delusion comeback because it's top and it's BH&R's birthday this year.

but, y'know, that's just me :ninja:

I'll probably be headed for bed just as they take the stage so will have to check this one out in the morning. Or maybe I shouldn't just to keep at least some element of surprise for Detroit - like was Apocalypse just a treat for the rescheduled shows? My enthusiasm walking in is probably at an all-time low. I'm hoping the visuals and musicianship can make up for the banality of these setlists.