It's just how things are here; doesn't mean people aren't enjoying themselves, it's just different.

Also, Reapers imo isn't the hardcore rocker that they seem to think it is. It's got a real camp, old school flare to it. And a poppy falsetto chorus, ffs.

Yeah, both of these all over.

The most active I've been for Reapers was some retrospectively questionable dancing during the choruses that Tina Turner would be embarrassed proud of.

Other than that, it's not really a pogo/headbang/mosh out song imo. Not to say it's shit, it's pretty good, just not that kind of song.

It's just how things are here; doesn't mean people aren't enjoying themselves, it's just different.

Yes. I don't move much either, and with this weird stage I moved even less. But I smile and move my head. Or I make some noise during the outro. These people look the way I looked during Resistance, somewhere between bored and puzzled.

From what I've been in it wasn't just excited but not moving. People did seem legitimately less interested. Not everyone. Just enough.

I have been in crowds that were pretty brutal then looked at the videos and everyone's like "lol no one's jumping shitty crowd". So I get that.

If that's the case that people really are disinterested at the gigs... but they were interested enough to pay all the money to go, and drag themselves out there (and be that close to the stage,)... shouldn't we also maybe look at the band/stage show and wonder what's gone wrong a bit, too?

I mean, we've established they're playing TO this radio singles only pop crowd; so what else is gone wrong?

I don't imagine you pay upwards of $100 for a gig and parking intending to stand around being bored.

If I were to guess, I think the stage setup might have something to do with it. Makes the standing crowd smaller and more separated, which I imagine could kill the vibe a bit. Plus, I think the band being so close to the audience and constantly moving around puts more of a focus on watching them as opposed to just jumping about and having fun.

If that's the case that people really are disinterested at the gigs... but they were interested enough to pay all the money to go, and drag themselves out there (and be that close to the stage,)... shouldn't we also maybe look at the band/stage show and wonder what's gone wrong a bit, too?

I mean, we've established they're playing TO this radio singles only pop crowd; so what else is gone wrong?

I don't imagine you pay upwards of $100 for a gig and parking intending to stand around being bored.

This is not Muse's fault. Crowds in the US are shameful no matter what band with few exceptions (Linkin Park in Toronto 2014 comes to mind). Seriously how can you not lose your mind during Psycho is beyond me, but people even barely move their head or cheer.

This is not Muse's fault. Crowds in the US are shameful.

I bet 90% of that people are waiting for Starlight (YEEEAHHH!). What do you expect? We complain a lot about setlists here, but if they don't play Starlight-Madness-Undesclosed Desires-Mercy people will complain IN the gig.

So to please the majority of the audience Muse has to play the pop hits. Is a bit sad for the rest of the heavier crowd.

if they don't play Starlight-Madness-Undesclosed Desires-Mercy people will complain IN the gig..

I doubt that. Casuals very very rarely know either the setlist structure or how many songs the band is going to play. If they don't play on of those the casuals will just keep thinking "It'll come eventually" and then they play Knights and the gig is over and THEN they complain.

I wouldn't expect them to stop playing Knights, Starlight, Supermassive, Uprising and Madness. If I'm honest, I think Hysteria should be a staple as well. It's the stuff (or lack of) that they choose to play alongside those songs that's a bit pointless and frustrating imo.

UD and Mercy aren't/weren't big hits to my knowledge so I don't see many people complaining if they weren't played. Granted, Mercy's a current album single so that's understandable but UD can definitely go. Resistance also doesn't need to be a staple.