Weird how they replace Plug in Baby, which they didn't play on the Vegas T2L stop, with Map, which appeared last time. They don't even bother to check what they played in a city on the previous tour...

OOS wasn't originally released in the US so they probably figure it's not a 'classic' over there as it is in most other places of the world. They've made comments about it a fair few times over the years iirc so it wouldn't surprise me if that was their (failed) logic.

Map's much better tbf though so

I wonder why they stopped rotating it. They did last tour.

I remember them rotating Bliss in a few early shows here last tour, but it was replaced by full time Resistance really quickly.

So, pretty much the same thing as this time. :(

And yeah, I've seen several videos of Matt making comments about being surprised the crowds knew PiB in the US. Even though it was in several popular video games.

I was really looking forward to seeing Revolt, maybe the best song off Drones, but it does look a bit naff live tbf.

Reapers'll probably be a staple again when they come to Europe though so I imagine it'll come back as either a regular or rotated with Defector.

I mean, I didn't quite get the playing with your backs to the crowd bit, but the siren stuff looked awesome, and it's a fun as hell song. Despite, yes, sounding a little less perky stepped down.

DI (being my fav song still) and TH I'm just so on the fence about live (from videos;) the endings really make both songs, and the alterations steal a lot of that impact (plus are still rather inconsistent.)

Also, most videos I've seen of TH make it seem like the song of the set you're most likely to not be able to see the band during. Other than UD, which doesn't count, I guess, as that seems to be the intent.

I love Resistance.

:runsaway:

Someone has to.

I agree with Revolt sounding a bit... anemic half-step down. The rotating stage bit and siren fun was decent, even if putting it after JFK made no fucking sense. JFK into Reapers sort of works.

I remember them rotating Bliss in a few early shows here last tour, but it was replaced by full time Resistance really quickly.

So, pretty much the same thing as this time. :(

And yeah, I've seen several videos of Matt making comments about being surprised the crowds knew PiB in the US. Even though it was in several popular video games.

What video games did Plug in Baby feature in?

Though by a similar logic, one of the first Muse songs I learned was Shrinking Universe, which is used in the the trailer for the movie 28 Weeks Later, and they haven't played that song in the best part of forever. Probably never will again.

Though by a similar logic, one of the first Muse songs I learned was Shrinking Universe, which is used in the the trailer for the movie 28 Weeks Later, and they haven't played that song in the best part of forever. Probably never will again.

Someone should start #ShrinkingUniverseFor(insert gig here). Not that the band probably even remember that song exists :( Also I wonder if Matt would even be able to sing the big falsetto properly nowadays... isn't it the same note as Showbiz?

Someone should start #ShrinkingUniverseFor(insert gig here). Not that the band probably even remember that song exists :( Also I wonder if Matt would even be able to sing the big falsetto properly nowadays... isn't it the same note as Showbiz?

Not even close unless there's some note I wasn't aware of.

I'd sooner expect them to play Showbiz in full than do that. Shrinking Universe is just too demanding for him vocally, not to mention how marginal a song that is (as far as the band's opinions go) in their discography. Same as basically bringing back Coma or Do We Really Need This?.