2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

The guitar center giveaway is done, and I come away empty handed yet again. Funny thing is I probably had a better probability of scoring tix this way than with AXS. Did anybody on here win??

My daughter went and sadly did not win either. She said that when she got there there was a huge line, tons of people, everyone who won was really happy, blah blah blah

Hehe, yep. This is now the downed plane thread.

At least our plane isn't Malaysian?

It won't be an OMG! rarities set. It will be the standard radio fare of "Madness", "Starlight", "Time Is Running Out", et al with maybe, maybe a heavier track thrown in.

Remember … this thing is sponsored by Guitar Center and DirecTV, likely to be aired on the AXS TV channel as part of the "Guitar Center Sessions" series.

This is good. Get my hopes down. Expect the worst, so that anything else is a pleasant surprise. :)

yeah I don't have very high expectations for the gig but I shouldn't complain

$75 + fees is wayyyyy too much for just the standards tho

LOL, have you been to a concert lately? Prices keep on getting jacked up! (rhetorical question)

Don't really want to show my excitement in here and rub it in people's faces.

Also cause I'm scared of you all :shifty:

In the same boat.

*subdued low five*

Maybe the non-ticket getters are in the plane, and the ticket getters are in a boat? Really hope no one in the plane is trying to steer it into the boat.

Everyone with low expectations probably haven't heard the interview where Matt says they'll debut 1-2 new songs at the Radio 1 gig. Who's to say they aren't going to do the same with these other US gigs?

New songs are nice for the novelty but we'll end up seeing them again plenty of times throughout the tour and with eventually better performances.

You threw your name in a box and every 20 minutes they randomly drew a name for a total of 5 winners.

So like the online sale but with better chances. Ok.

I always wondered how much "say" a band has in their ticket distribution. It seems like AXS really fucked the LA folks over. Really, really feel for you guys. I'd like to believe that Muse would want to give their true fans the best opportunity to get these tickets as possible, if they had enough control over the process.

I always wondered how much "say" a band has in their ticket distribution. It seems like AXS really fucked the LA folks over. Really, really feel for you guys. I'd like to believe that Muse would want to give their true fans the best opportunity to get these tickets as possible, if they had enough control over the process.

Oh well. Need to save money anyway.

They must add a second show though?

They're a largely LA based band (Tom and Matt live there, Dom too I think), I think they have lots of friends here

New songs are nice for the novelty but we'll end up seeing them again plenty of times throughout the tour and with eventually better performances.

I agree with this. I'm much, much less concerned about the debut of new songs that will stick around for those who go to the arenas, stadiums, festivals, and severely concerned I will overhear they played Glorious and my heart actually falls into my stomach somehow and is dissolved.

Or similarly awesome songs with slightly less graphic results.

I'm sure the different sponsors had something to do with the discrepancy between LA and NYC... but no way it would have accounted for all of it.

Like people have said, this will probably be packed with friends, A-listers, and Playmates... Which is utter bullshit.

I really enjoyed my rear view :eyebrows: seat on the T2L tour actually

I know I joke about it a lot, but I'm not really that into staring at guy's asses. At least when I have to pay for it. :chuckle:

Honestly, I can't imagine myself being anything short of furious staring at the bands' backs all night, or worse, having them obscured by the stage set up, which was what happened for most of the center stage gig I saw before.

Also, in the last hour, days after I signed up on their website for the pre-sale, AXS has sent me the same email three consecutive times beginning with "we are happy to be your new best friend in entertainment!"

I know it doesn't go to anyone, but in a moment of rage I sent them what I hope is the most vulgarity laden email in the history of the Internet.

Also, in the last hour, days after I signed up on their website for the pre-sale, AXS has sent me the same email three consecutive times beginning with "we are happy to be your new best friend in entertainment!"

I know it doesn't go to anyone, but in a moment of rage I sent them what I hope is the most vulgarity laden email in the history of the Internet.

Fucking this so much. Ugh

This is good. Get my hopes down. Expect the worst, so that anything else is a pleasant surprise. :)

It just stands to reason. This is a sponsored gig. It's going to be, at best, a one hour set of all the hits plus "Dead Inside" and/or "Psycho".

Especially if this is going to be recorded for TV, there isn't going to be anything :eek: because the :eek: songs aren't mainstream/known by casuals.

Who's to say they aren't going to do the same with these other US gigs?

It's the US. We usually tend to get shafted when it comes to these things.

The only Muse songs that get any radio play here, if you're lucky enough to be in an area with a station that plays them, are "Uprising", "Starlight", "Madness" and if you're lucky an occasional "Time Is Running Out" or "Knights Of Cydonia".

As it is, I've only ever heard "Dead Inside" on the radio a grand total of three times (so far) and got "Survival" once.

It just stands to reason. This is a sponsored gig. It's going to be, at best, a one hour set of all the hits plus "Dead Inside" and/or "Psycho".

Especially if this is going to be recorded for TV, there isn't going to be anything :eek: because the :eek: songs aren't mainstream/known by casuals.

It's the US. We usually tend to get shafted when it comes to these things.

The only Muse songs that get any radio play here, if you're lucky enough to be in an area with a station that plays them, are "Uprising", "Starlight", "Madness" and if you're lucky an occasional "Time Is Running Out" or "Knights Of Cydonia".

As it is, I've only ever heard "Dead Inside" on the radio a grand total of three times (so far) and got "Survival" once.

Really cynical here. Why would they not play songs from the album they're promoting? Makes no sense

Does anyone have an idea of what they will do with the tickets pulled from stubhub and the like? I mean its obvious that they were bought by scalpers, so that means some amount of tickets are still technically available for sale. I would hope that the venue box office would sell them the day of the gig, but I'm sure that is much too hopeful.

As for the setlist, I would hope for the sake of those who did manage to get tickets that they'll at least play one or two rarities, maybe Futurism since they quite like that one these days or some of the songs they played in the UK. They seem to be really into the heavy vibe right now and I hope they continue with it. I don't mind the arena tours, I've seen them once seated and once front row standing and both times were incredible. I just wish for more variety on the setlist.

Really cynical here. Why would they not play songs from the album they're promoting? Makes no sense

I don't doubt that, the question is if they'll play the same sets as Psycho Tour besides that, 3 songs from Drones were played at Brighton, and they still got a hell of a rest of the set.

Are we just speculating that parts of this will be broadcast, or did I miss that part while I was using this thread as a crisis help line?

I would be afraid that would make the setlists a little more "mainstream" - but that would also be another pretty big middle finger to fans, especially if NYC is basically a Psycho Tour show.

Does anyone have an idea of what they will do with the tickets pulled from stubhub and the like?

There's a good chance the "tickets" were fakes, especially since they were asking for a very reasonable amount of money for them (at least the NYC ones I saw.)

StubHub pulled them because they claim to be 100% liable for the ticket prices if you don't get in to the gig, and they want to cover their ass.

If any of those tickets were legit, and the sellers are going to be there to get the person in, they'll crop up on eBay, Craigslists, etc., where you won't get compensated if you get ripped off.