2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

I just want confirmation of the 360 stage in the US so I can get all of my depression and rage about the tour over at once.

I haven't heard about this (but admittedly haven't paid attention). Is the rumor that Muse is going to do a 360° show (ala U2 a few years back) for their US gig? Or does it refer to something else?

Not entirely sure why a theater in the round would be so horrible, but might just be me.

---

For LA Rising, I was closer to the back of the first GA zone, almost next to the center aisle railing. Two of my friends were in the second GA zone behind me and later told me that there was a guy in a wheelchair crowd surfing in said wheelchair. Basically, his neighbors picked him up and were passing him around--and he was loving it!

But yeah, if was next to the people basically trying to riot, I would have been a little freaked out.

Wait. If stub hub took down their sales does that mean a bunch more tickets could be available? I'm confused. Are they just letting g those tickets go to waste?

No, I think they're just saying they're not going to list them, as a policy. So no one can resell on S.H.

We knew we were going to get to LA Rising late, so we got seats for the show. It was fun to watch the pit for once, instead of being in it. I was actually hoping to see more chaos down in the pit, but the fire was pretty unusual lol. Muse's set was great.

In regards to the 360 I've had bad experiences with being able to see anything at all. Don't want to pay nearly $100 plus travel to stand essentially behind the stage or look at someone's backside for a portion of the gig.

The gigs on Resistance tour where the seats behind the stage also sucked. I sat in them once in Toronto. It also sucked as a fan in the front of the stage when any of the guys were off behind everything to see the back of the crowd.

In January, the Foo Fighters did a show at the Forum in the round. It was awesome! They rotated the stage, so no matter where you were you got a good view for most of the gig. The best part was being able to arrive at 7:30 and get a spot 5 back from the rail since there was so much rail.

:LOL: Yeah. I moved out during RATM because I nearly pissed myself, but it was still scary from the back. Shit was on fire and I saw people knocking over barriers and rushing different sections. Intense!

I remember you leaving to move back. I ended up filling in your spot so a RATM fan couple could move in with the girl on barrier and the guy acting as a shield. :chuckle:

Anyway … looks like the sexy plane for this gig should be a fun one. The first class cabin will be everyone who got screwed by AXS. Business class will be everyone else. There is no coach on Jimmy Kane airlines.

The gigs on Resistance tour where the seats behind the stage also sucked. I sat in them once in Toronto. It also sucked as a fan in the front of the stage when any of the guys were off behind everything to see the back of the crowd.

Pretty much, the band I saw hardly faced the back. It's not like Bellamy is going to walk and sing much, so over half the viewing area is poor and even if you get in front it's not perfect.

I would maybe be less broken over this gig if I had more hope for the arena tour... But 360 would be the nail in the coffin.

I doubt I'll have the stomach to sexy plane it, either.

Pretty much, the band I saw hardly faced the back. It's not like Bellamy is going to walk and sing much, so over half the viewing area is poor and even if you get in front it's not perfect.

I would maybe be less broken over this gig if I had more hope for the arena tour... But 360 would be the nail in the coffin.

I doubt I'll have the stomach to sexy plane it, either.

sexy plane

I remember you leaving to move back. I ended up filling in your spot so a RATM fan couple could move in with the girl on barrier and the guy acting as a shield. :chuckle:

Anyway … looks like the sexy plane for this gig should be a fun one. The first class cabin will be everyone who got screwed by AXS. Business class will be everyone else. There is no coach on Jimmy Kane airlines.

The plane will be saltier than the Dead Sea if it's a good set.

I love the contrast seeing all the planning in the NYC thread and just bitterness and off topic here.

It won't be an OMG! rarities set. It will be the standard radio fare of "Madness", "Starlight", "Time Is Running Out", et al with maybe, maybe a heavier track thrown in.

Remember … this thing is sponsored by Guitar Center and DirecTV, likely to be aired on the AXS TV channel as part of the "Guitar Center Sessions" series.

I love the contrast seeing all the planning in the NYC thread and just bitterness and off topic here.

Don't really want to show my excitement in here and rub it in people's faces.

Also cause I'm scared of you all :shifty:

It won't be an OMG! rarities set. It will be the standard radio fare of "Madness", "Starlight", "Time Is Running Out", et al with maybe, maybe a heavier track thrown in.

Remember … this thing is sponsored by Guitar Center and DirecTV, likely to be aired on the AXS TV channel as part of the "Guitar Center Sessions" series.

yeah I don't have very high expectations for the gig but I shouldn't complain

$75 + fees is wayyyyy too much for just the standards tho

I actually expect this to be similar to the Psycho tour shows as far as set lists are concerned. These gigs are their warmup shows for the summer festival run, they have to throw a few bones at us!!!

The guitar center giveaway is done, and I come away empty handed yet again. Funny thing is I probably had a better probability of scoring tix this way than with AXS. Did anybody on here win??

I didn't win either.

I was hoping for something other than a stupid lottery. Stupid Kroq.