2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

Unless they didn't post about it, no. I've seen like three people, literally...

Ok, well yesterday I had three browsers running and two of em came up with the opportunity to buy. I managed to get two tickets from one of those. I guess I'm just saying the 34 or whatever musers active in the thread may not be a large enough sample to call shenanigans. 3 of 34 is ~10%, which is not a crazy number for a 1000 person venue when Muse easily sells out arenas and stadiums.

Ok, well yesterday I had three browsers running and two of em came up with the opportunity to buy. I managed to get two tickets from one of those. I guess I'm just saying the 34 or whatever musers active in the thread may not be a large enough sample to call shenanigans.

I disagree. Cause its a pretty die hard core group of fans here, we are on top of tickets at every turn. For NO ONE, not here, not on FB to get anything today is highly suspicious.

Ok, well yesterday I had three browsers running and two of em came up with the opportunity to buy. I managed to get two tickets from one of those. I guess I'm just saying the 34 or whatever musers active in the thread may not be a large enough sample to call shenanigans. 3-4 of 34 is ~10%, which is not a crazy number for a 1000 person venue when Muse easily sells out arenas and stadiums.

Sounds like nobody on Reddit was successful either. Compared to the NYC gig (which was also a disaster) you guys got totally screwed for LA.

Unless they didn't post about it, no. I've seen like three people, literally...

I get that, and that it's an issue with their insistence on these massive, money losing stage shows. And it's why I'm afraid of even more getting cut if they do the 360 stage, and Muse ending up playing only on the damn coasts.

But why not make those gigs a little more special for the fans, which would only be the "hardcore," who have to drive and see them or not see them at all?

Or, shit, why not play at some smaller venues? They've clearly seen a huge demand for it, throw in some theater gigs...

Full in agreement on the NA setlists, just mentioning locations and count have financial setbacks that are likely more influential than their own care.

Yeah I don't mean to totally discount something fishy, just pointing out the presale numbers were about what you'd expect. For nobody to come forward with tickets for the general sale is definitely weird.

One big difference between the LA/NYC shows is that Muse have been known to spend a lot of time in LA, the VIP list has gotta be larger as a result.

I did both, joined the waiting room as soon as the page showed it was opened and then another browser at 10. the waiting room page was the one I got into at 10:01. the other browser never let me in.

Did you get tickets?

Yeah I don't mean to totally discount something fishy, just pointing out the presale numbers were about what you'd expect. For nobody to come forward with tickets for the general sale is definitely weird.

One big difference between the LA/NYC shows is that Muse have been known to spend a lot of time in LA, the VIP list has gotta be larger as a result.

That's why I still have hope we'll see something on Thurs/Sat/Sun that week in LA minus the corporate VIP BS.

:yesey:

Somewhere (I think on KROQ) I read that it was a private event. I thought that was odd since there was a public sale... :erm:

Yeah, I saw something about contest event - then I saw they are doing the promo event in NYC so I thought this was legit.

This. Fine, do a promotional show, but let's not pretend. :mad:

muse makin me crey :'(

Sounds like nobody on Reddit was successful either. Compared to the NYC gig (which was also a disaster) you guys got totally screwed for LA.

Every person on the east coast that I know that wanted to go to that show ( and one from the UK even) got tickets. Granted, that's about a dozen people (from the board and not from the board). So yay for the New York show :dance::party:

:yesey:

Somewhere (I think on KROQ) I read that it was a private event. I thought that was odd since there was a public sale... :erm:

Here you go:

Muse are playing a private concert for Guitar Center and DirecTV at the Mayan on Friday, May 15th, and we want to hook you up with tickets!

Ok, well yesterday I had three browsers running and two of em came up with the opportunity to buy. I managed to get two tickets from one of those. I guess I'm just saying the 34 or whatever musers active in the thread may not be a large enough sample to call shenanigans. 3 of 34 is ~10%, which is not a crazy number for a 1000 person venue when Muse easily sells out arenas and stadiums.

1500-1700 capacity. And it's enough to see how many people in the NY thread got tickets vs this one, to call shenanigans, even with the extras released.

Some people even got into the general sale.

This. Fine, do a promotional show, but let's not pretend. :mad:

If they had been honest about it, people wouldn't have wasted their time, got upset, and shit, I'd probably be going to NYC (which is cheaper, even.)

If this was just an elbow rub for the rich and/or famous, yes, they shouldn't have been dicks about it and given everyone hope for something they've been clamoring for for years.

Here you go:

Originally Posted by KROQ website

Muse are playing a private concert for Guitar Center and DirecTV at the Mayan on Friday, May 15th, and we want to hook you up with tickets!

Thanks. :( Doesn't make this any better, but at least I know I didn't misread something. :chuckle:

What we know is a percentage of tickets that were pre-sold, not an actual amount.

10-15% could have amounted to 30 tickets, for all we know.

And if this happened so Matt and Dom could invite all of their Hollywood elite to the gig, well that's pretty shit and a slap in the face to the fans. Or you know what? Do two fucking gigs, and invite your friends to only one.

This is depressing reading all these posts, so I'm going to consider myself super lucky. I couldn't get tickets myself, but two of my friends got two each yesterday. They are Muse.mu members but don't post on the forums. It'll be their 18th and 20th Muse shows respectively, so they're definitely deserving.

I wonder how many real fans got tickets but don't post on these boards. I dunno, that'd be some consolation. Hopefully, there's enough real fans to make for a great crowd at the show.

Anyway, super excited for myself, but at the same time bummed out for everyone who couldn't get tickets on here. I feel ya.

I wonder how many real fans got tickets but don't post on these boards. I dunno, that'd be some consolation. Hopefully, there's enough real fans to make for a great crowd at the show.

Agreed. I have quite a few Muse friends that don't post here that were trying and only one got through for general sale. Still kind of crazy when all of the ones that were trying for NY got what they needed.