2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

I wish obsession wasn't so high so that no one would buy from touts and just leave the empty spots.

Besides scalping being legal being the stupidest idea ever...

The band *themselves* could help mitigate this.

They continually fuck over the US arena crowd, and then - despite what seems to be the popular opinion - play a really limited amount of gigs/areas here. This isn't Europe, or the UK; there's LOTS of large areas that they don't play where the next place they DO play is simply out of reach for the vast majority of fans, and then they play clusters in the big areas and it looks like they play here "a ton."

Then you drive 5 hours to see a gig, and are treated to a short setlist with zero rarities, or even a single song from OoS.

I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed if I thought I could go to an arena show that wasn't just "the pop hits of Muse" sprinkled with a big chunk of new songs. :(

They could throw in just a couple of b-sides or rarities each gig for the hardcore fans, but it's far from the norm. Very far.

If they do that 360 stage in the US, I'm officially out. I'm already going to go into any arena show pre-disappointed after this. :(

I actually got a ticket!!!!

This just made my day! Where's the Muser meetup going to be at?

I joined the WAITING ROOM at around 9:40a

Did enough Musers get tix to make a meet up...?

At this point the most likely way of getting tickets is bumping into Matt around LA and expressing your great love for them/sadness at not getting tix. He'd probably feel bad and be able to get you a pass or something.

He'd probably take a quick selfie with you and keep walking... If you didn't open with asking for tickets, that is.

Besides scalping being legal being the stupidest idea ever...

The band *themselves* could help mitigate this.

They continually fuck over the US arena crowd, and then - despite what seems to be the popular opinion - play a really limited amount of gigs/areas here. This isn't Europe, or the UK; there's LOTS of large areas that they don't play where the next place they DO play is simply out of reach for the vast majority of fans, and then they play clusters in the big areas and it looks like they play here "a ton."

Then you drive 5 hours to see a gig, and are treated to a short setlist with zero rarities, or even a single song from OoS.

I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed if I thought I could go to an arena show that wasn't just "the pop hits of Muse" sprinkled with a big chunk of new songs. :(

They could throw in just a couple of b-sides or rarities each gig for the hardcore fans, but it's far from the norm. Very far.

If they do that 360 stage in the US, I'm officially out. I'm already going to go into any arena show pre-disappointed after this. :(

The non large areas have been borderline net losses (or maybe already so) so it can be understandable besides disregard.

The waiting room is just so stupid. Yesterday for the presale, some of my browsers were in the waiting room really early, and on others I clicked on get tickets at 10am, and never had to go into the waiting room at all. Today, just the opposite I guess. So join the waiting room as soon as it opens, or wait until 10am? The whole Axs system is total bs imho

The waiting room is just so stupid. Yesterday for the presale, some of my browsers were in the waiting room really early, and on others I clicked on get tickets at 10am, and never had to go into the waiting room at all. Today, just the opposite I guess. So join the waiting room as soon as it opens, or wait until 10am? The whole Axs system is total bs imho

I did both, joined the waiting room as soon as the page showed it was opened and then another browser at 10. the waiting room page was the one I got into at 10:01. the other browser never let me in.

I thought there was a fair number who got presale tickets

Unless they didn't post about it, no. I've seen like three people, literally...

The non large areas have been borderline net losses (or maybe already so) so it can be understandable besides disregard.

I get that, and that it's an issue with their insistence on these massive, money losing stage shows. And it's why I'm afraid of even more getting cut if they do the 360 stage, and Muse ending up playing only on the damn coasts.

But why not make those gigs a little more special for the fans, which would only be the "hardcore," who have to drive and see them or not see them at all?

Or, shit, why not play at some smaller venues? They've clearly seen a huge demand for it, throw in some theater gigs...

I have to wonder if most if the seats were taken before they even went on sale. Its a guitar venter special, likely to be televised. Just don't think it was really meant to be a general public event.

Yes, this sounds like a commercial event and they're allowing some fans in to spruce up the energy. Linkin Park did this for the XGames at Club Nokia, but released all the pit tickets for free to their Fan Club. I don't care about the pricing, but the fact they made a point to reward FC was awesome. I wish Muse had a greater .mu or Fan Club ticket appreciation.

I really just want to rage out at anyone who posts these tickets for sale with something stupid like "$6000 per, OBO".

"OBO? My best offer is face value, you worthless lowlife fuck. And as a bonus, I'll refrain from putting my foot up your ass. How's that sound?"

Edited by supra