2015.05.15- The Mayan, Los Angeles, CA, US

JessicaSarahS

I think a bigger reason, besides the price asked, why Stubhub pulled the tickets is because there are no actual tickets to these shows, and the admission is non-transferrable.

Even though it would be a similar shit show with trying to get tickets, it's a shame they're not doing Chicago or something in between.

Actually, the way people are scalping tickets to these gigs is quite simple, and bypasses the ID problem.

When someone told me how it worked, I actually felt like an idiot for having had to ask him and not realizing it myself.

I'm a bit surprised StubHub took them down, tbh, and a bit mad because I was about to get a reasonably priced LA ticket when they did (if you count $700 as reasonable.)

I'm currently trying to talk some guy down from $2000, so we'll see how that goes... Got until tomorrow to secure the days off of work...

*edit: Just got an email back from the person who I was working with to get tickets, and he claims that he was told less than half the venue capacity was released in the onsales for tickets, about 1/3 of the venue for "promotional purposes" and then the rest VIP.

I don't know if he's bullshitting me so as to not come down on his asking price, but he seemed to have some pretty specific info.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Actually, the way people are scalping tickets to these gigs is quite simple, and bypasses the ID problem.

When someone told me how it worked, I actually felt like an idiot for having had to ask him and not realizing it myself.

I'm a bit surprised StubHub took them down, tbh, and a bit mad because I was about to get a reasonably priced LA ticket when they did (if you count $700 as reasonable.)

I'm currently trying to talk some guy down from $2000, so we'll see how that goes... Got until tomorrow to secure the days off of work...

*edit: Just got an email back from the person who I was working with to get tickets, and he claims that he was told less than half the venue capacity was released in the onsales for tickets, about 1/3 of the venue for "promotional purposes" and then the rest VIP.

I don't know if he's bullshitting me so as to not come down on his asking price, but he seemed to have some pretty specific info.

In my confirmation email it says

"You selected Will Call for your delivery method. You can pick up your tickets at the box office window during regular box office hours. Please bring a valid photo ID and the credit card used to purchase these tickets."

So I'm pretty sure it's easy to get into the venue without being the person who actually purchased them, which is a good thing for me :LOL:

I'd be concerned that's just an automated email definition of Will Call, since this is still an unusual way to distribute tickets.

It's fine if you're local, but I'd be worried to travel on that assumption.

I've had this sort of set up at non-Muse gigs, and they typically swiped your credit card, and didn't bother checking ID unless something went wrong.

Bringing your confirmation email has been less than useless for me, Will Call or Credit Card entry gig - got turned away after driving all the way to Colorado, even though I had my ID, card, and an email clearly stating I'd made the purchase, because they couldn't locate my tickets at Will Call.

In my confirmation email it says

"You selected Will Call for your delivery method. You can pick up your tickets at the box office window during regular box office hours. Please bring a valid photo ID and the credit card used to purchase these tickets."

So I'm pretty sure it's easy to get into the venue without being the person who actually purchased them, which is a good thing for me :LOL:

That could also be a general message. When you get to the venue they may actually function slightly different.

I'd be concerned that's just an automated email definition of Will Call, since this is still an unusual way to distribute tickets.

I've had this sort of set up at non-Muse gigs, and they typically swiped your credit card, and didn't bother checking ID unless something went wrong.

Bringing your confirmation email has been less than useless for me, Will Call or Credit Card entry gig - got turned away after driving all the way to Colorado, even though I had my ID, card, and an email clearly stating I'd made the purchase, because they couldn't locate my tickets at Will Call.

Well they also never specifically said "the cardholder will be wristanded" they said "patrons will be wristbanded"

I think they were trying to scare away scalpers, surely they kept into consideration that parents might buy their kids tickets, especially cause this show is "for all ages" :unsure:

Totally believe that. Years back The Cure played the Troubadour and only 130 of us fans got in and the rest were vip/celebs or friends. They put wristbands on us immediately and later as we entered they tugged on the band and checked the entire thing to make sure we didn't cut it off and tape it together. I didn't mind the whole celeb vip thing because I liked standing next to Ryan Gosling and Brandon Flowers.

Totally believe that. Years back The Cure played the Troubadour and only 130 of us fans got in and the rest were vip/celebs or friends. They put wristbands on us immediately and later as we entered they tugged on the band and checked the entire thing to make sure we didn't cut it off and tape it together. I didn't mind the whole celeb vip thing because I liked standing next to Ryan Gosling and Brandon Flowers.

I feel like that would make me uncomfortable.

Maybe it's just me being from LA but I couldn't care less being around celebs at a gig :\ I hate that LA gigs bring together the most random collection of celebs. Would rather be with other fans.

Maybe it's just me being from LA but I couldn't care less being around celebs at a gig :\ I hate that LA gigs bring together the most random collection of celebs. Would rather be with other fans.

No no. Sorry. My point was the 2 good looking guys not 2 celebs. I used to travel a bit and been around a few famous people and yeah I dont really care either. But I am female and if say...Charlie Hunnan or Tom Hardy waltzed up and stood next to me I might get a little red in the face.

No no. Sorry. My point was the 2 good looking guys not 2 celebs. I used to travel a bit and been around a few famous people and yeah I dont really care either. But I am female and if say...Charlie Hunnan or Tom Hardy waltzed up and stood next to me I might get a little red in the face.

I stood next to Gerard Butler at a NIN show before. And Robin Finck from NIN at a Puscifer show. Both times I just stood there like ":$" and stared straight ahead. Robin said hi, but I couldn't be the first one to do it. :LOL:

My biggest complaint about this is that muse.mu gave us codes to get tickets, and then we have that cluster of the waiting room, and then find out very few tickets were even available for the fans. I've been able to buy extremely hard-to-get tickets for much, much smaller venues, and without a presale, for the Roxy and the Troubadour, so I didn't think it would be so hard, especially since we had a code for our own presale. Just really really disappointed. I was so excited to drive down and see my daughter and go to Muse together!

I agree with this mostly. My experience at a similar intimate Cure show was that they had everyone queue up and purchaser presented ID and credit card to the Will Call where they promptly put on a wrist band on you and your guest and ushered you in. There were no physical tickets (bummed because I collect stubs) and no chance to put wrist band on some third party (if say you were selling them to someone). I saw some people trying to finagle a swap, but Security put them at the back of the line so as to not hold it up. Not sure what happened to them after.

My biggest complaint about this is that muse.mu gave us codes to get tickets, and then we have that cluster of the waiting room, and then find out very few tickets were even available for the fans. I've been able to buy extremely hard-to-get tickets for much, much smaller venues, and without a presale, for the Roxy and the Troubadour, so I didn't think it would be so hard, especially since we had a code for our own presale. Just really really disappointed. I was so excited to drive down and see my daughter and go to Muse together!

Agreed. And I wish it was done through .mu instead of AXS.

I think ANYTHING would have been better than Axs. Remember the presales from years ago? Those worked out fine, no problems, no complaints.But this waiting room BS, like with Coachella as well (both through Golden Voice) is just dumb. I just didn't actually think that hardly any fans would be able to get tickets, me included...

The waiting room didn't help, and I don't think it was remotely fair with how slow it refreshed and where it let people enter, but tbf, it wasn't the biggest problem - that being the amount of withheld tickets was completely unacceptable.

The TicketWeb presale was also a complete cock up for some reason, but they made right on in, and there were tons more tickets available.

The whole Axs site has error problems. For the presale, I got 2 tickets, was on step 7 of purchasing, and submitted my order, only to have an error box pop up, I didn't get tickets. When I called they couldn't see anything that I had done, because they only can see actual orders. I was quick, entered everything correctly--there was no reason at my end for an error. Total BS

Agreed. And I wish it was done through .mu instead of AXS.

Agreed, although .mu is a very low budget system, I was able to get what I wanted every time.

Edit: Weenie Roast 5/16... Looks like no second club show :'(

Edited by skyzlmt

I know I joke about it a lot, but I'm not really that into staring at guy's asses. At least when I have to pay for it. :chuckle:

Honestly, I can't imagine myself being anything short of furious staring at the bands' backs all night, or worse, having them obscured by the stage set up, which was what happened for most of the center stage gig I saw before.

I will be fair and say it was my third gig on that tour, both the other two I was on the barrier, so it wasn't my only chance at seeing them, but actually it was a real treat to be able see Dom and Morgan's work and set-up. I was more in the corner on Chris' side, so that's definitely an arse worth seeing, and both he and Matt made sure to perform to us regularly through the set. I do think they'll be aware of the possible drawbacks of a 360 stage and work hard to ameliorate them, if that's what they're doing, but what does concern me is how it might affect the connection between them if they're constantly on the move/at opposite sides of the stage.