Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

the live bootleg was so much better... really hate the layered vocals in the chorus, also what is up with that mixing? had high hopes for this one but really not sure about it now :noey:

I like that vocal... If that section only includes matt's falsetto then it will be boring...

But that's my opinion

I like that vocal... If that section only includes matt's falsetto then it will be boring...

But that's my opinion

the falsetto sounded better live, far too polished on the album version - maybe i'll warm to it i just really dont like the harmony of the layered vocal

It's just not what people wanted/expected, for the most part.

Oh, and the mixing DOES seem to be a bit lacking.

It's pretty much what I expected and what I wanted after hearing the live bootleg. I think they nailed the studio version, in terms of heaviness, instrument effects, vocals, synth, etc. It's my favourite song from Drones so far. Love it.

As for mixing, I'm not an expert but I agree the mp3 download sounds a bit fuzzy. I'll wait to see what the album version is like.

I really, absolutely love it. The layered chorus was just a bit of a shock the first time.

I adore the instrument build up and vocals in the pre-chorus, love the synths.

I actually like the lyrics, and the whole presentation seems quite emotional to me.

I think Matt going more "internal" with the songs accounts for a vast difference from most of the last two albums. I feel a connection between lyrics, vocals and instrumentation that I found lacking in most of TR/T2L (with a few notable exceptions) and these songs have hit me on that level that I missed.

Maybe that is it. I was just going off what its listed on the wiki

It's 100% 'disavowed'. Not sure how someone can hear something else there.

Besides Matt's vocals yeah

Says a lot about the song when a bassline that bog-standard is considered the highlight.

He said earlier that he has only listened to the live leak.

My bad. It's just that ever other damn post is a complaint about the mixing that isn't even that bad. The only patently offensive thing is the clipping due to loudness levels but it's not like that's a surprise

The opening line of ‘Mercy’ - Help me I’ve fallen on the inside - is a reference to the protagonist knowing and recognizing that they have lost something, they have lost themselves. This is where they realize they’re being overcome by the dark forces that were introduced in ‘Psycho.’”

Tonight then at 7pm (gmt+0)