Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Idk where take a bow comes in? Synths? Plenty of Muse songs have synths. It's really Starlight + Follow Me imo.

Also I'm trying to think of singles of the last two albums that this is better than. Madness and Panic Station immediately come to mind. What else were singles? It seems to vary by country but that was all we got in the US.

Synths sound TaB esque to me.

TR singles: Uprising, UD, and Resistance

T2L singles: Survival, Madness, Follow Me, Supremacy, and Panic Station (according to wikipedia, wow that's a lot of singles)

DI/Mercy easily better than all of those except Surival, IMO.

To those who question whether this is the final mix or mastered version, ask yourself why on earth Warner would ever, in any situation, line up a download link with a version other than the one they intend to share.

This.

It sounds like a mish mash of Starlight, Glorious and Bliss to me. Very bland. Eugch.

T2L singles: Survival, Madness, Follow Me, Supremacy, and Panic Station (according to wikipedia, wow that's a lot of singles)

I'd say the singles we've had from Drones so far (including Psycho) are better than all of these tbh

Ok guys call me crazy all you want, but here we go:

I actually think people are right about the differently mastered versions. I uploaded my mp3 of Mercy (from Warner) to iTunes Match. With iTunes match, if the song you're uploading exists on the iTunes store, it doesn't upload it, it just matches it with the copy there. I'm assuming Mercy is up there somewhere in the iTunes store since it's only a day away. Listening to Mercy on another computer (where the original file isn't locally stored at all) sounds drastically different. Like some elements (such as the guitar clinks before the first chorus) are low in the mix and the vocals are much quieter. Overall much better sounding and way less compressed!

I also have it in iTunes and it sounds the same to me - shit.

Exo Genesis, United States and MK Ultra were singles on TR too. That makes six. Muse usually have 4-6 singles.

ITunes uses it's own equalizer, so depending on your settings, songs in iTunes are going to sound differently from songs played using a different program.

?? :LOL: it sounds pretty much the same when it did through winamp with only subtle differences. My point is that there is no different version in iTunes.

LOVE mercy so far. Best first 3 songs released from an album before it came out for Muse since Absolution for me. Love Matt's Falsetto in this song, and I really do like they layered vocals in parts of the chorus that you can't really hear live. Glad they kept the guitar fairly heavy in the chorus as well.

?? :LOL: it sounds pretty much the same when it did through winamp with only subtle differences. My point is that there is no different version in iTunes.

If you're referring to what I was saying earlier, I was talking about iTunes Match. It's their cloud service and I was listening to a version that was hosted by iTunes, not locally

If you're referring to what I was saying earlier, I was talking about iTunes Match. It's their cloud service and I was listening to a version that was hosted by iTunes, not locally

Okay, hadn't heard of it so I presumed it was something it did automatically.

Sorry, my post was more a response to the one you quoted.

It's alright