Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Not been to a show since 2010. You missed out! Never mind.

Maybe give it 10 years next time? They might just play old rare b sides then?

I've always considered War Child to be their best performance, and that was 2013. I always send people to that when they claim that Muse simply aren't good any more.

But the global mainstream audience is stupid, look at the state of the music today: it's a catastrophee. Same goes for the movies and the video games: the quality is dropping every single year. There is just one thing exciting this year: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Everything else is garbage. Movie critics are praising a retard film like "Mad Max Fury Road" which is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen (even though the directing is ace).

Stopped reading here. u r dumb mate.

Fury Road is as bad as "300". In ten years, everybody will have forgotten about it. It's the 300 effect, it was exactly the same thing: overproduced crap that gets somehow all the praise because it's visually "attractive" (even though the design is awful in FR), so-called professional critics love it, and everyone falls under the illusion. Mark my words, no one will speak of that new Mad Max movie as a classic in 10 years. It's not on par with Mad Max 2. The Road Warrior will remain the superior Mad Max movie and still talked about in 2025.

It's just the hype man.

As for the other replies, I hope new muse fans or younger people will have something more to reply than just one line, or mad cat photos, or passive-agressive gif. Your replies remind me of muselive's worst poster I've witnessed in my life: Pib.

What is lacking on messageboards and the world in general: the passion. Write with your guts. Stop acting in masses, like you belong to a football team. I miss reading people's opinion, you're all writing the same stuff, acting like clones. I prefer acting like a clown. Write with your brain, not with the general consensus.

Fury Road is as bad as "300". In ten years, everybody will have forgotten about it. It's the 300 effect, it was exactly the same thing: overproduced crap that gets somehow all the praise because it's visually "attractive" (even though the design is awful in FR), so-called professional critics love it, and everyone falls under the illusion. Mark my words, no one will speak of that new Mad Max movie as a classic in 10 years. It's not on par with Mad Max 2. The Road Warrior will remain the superior Mad Max movie and still talked about in 2025.

It's just the hype man.

As for the other replies, I hope new muse fans or younger people will have something more to reply than just one line, or mad cat photos, or passive-agressive gif. Your replies remind me of muselive's worst poster I've witnessed in my life: Pib.

What is lacking on messageboards and the world in general: the passion. Write with your guts. Stop acting in masses, like you belong to a football team. I miss reading people's opinion, you're all writing the same stuff, acting like clones. I prefer acting like a clown. Write with your brain, not with the general consensus.

No

I don't think Mercy is a bad song, in fact, I think it's better than Psycho. It's a solid single, being a straightforward pop-rock song doesn't make it bad. It's a nice stadium song, powerful pre-chorus and chorus, nice lyrics... I see where the comparisons with Starlight comes, but I think it's better. It's just more emotional, dark and powerful.

I find funny that when songs like USoE came a lot of people said it was a Queen rip-off and so "un-Muse" and now this is "too-Muse" :LOL::LOL:

EDIT: Mad Max is a great film!

You honestly believe that you're going against the masses by saying "stuff isn't as good as it used to be"? Well then you're in for quite a surprise once you join the real world like the rest of us.

Just heard the official audio (there's a bunch of uncensored recordings up on YouTube right now). I love it!! The driving fuzz bass riff, the arpeggiated synths in the pre-chorus, the sweet piano riff, Matt's vocals, and even the army of backing vocals behind him are all just perfect. The guitar has a lot of meat to it and the drums work wonders with the levels of intensity and the buildups. Matt's vocal solo in the bridge is still a little meh, but everything else is perfect! I don't hear the production problems everyone seems to be hearing, so that's a plus for me anyway. The only thing that really disappoints me is that I didn't hear "drones" anywhere in the lyrics :( I guess that ends the theory that the word is ironically in every song but the last one on the album. Oh well, maybe it can be in all the others. :)

Love the new song!! Obvious choice for a single.

Same goes for the movies and the video games: the quality is dropping every single year. There is just one thing exciting this year: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Everything else is garbage.

You have terrible and extremely limited taste.

Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront, Xenoblade X, Persona 5?