Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Doesn't matter if the song sounds bright and poppy. Seriously who listens to music and cares what the lyrics are like in text form? We care what the song sounds like. That is everything.

I do. lyrics was very much the reason I got into muse in the first place.

I do. lyrics was very much the reason I got into muse in the first place.

So you're happier to read the lyrics in the album booklet than hear how they are actually delivered amongst music? It sounds like that is what you're saying but surely that can't be right lol.

I edited my wording in my first post. Maybe you misunderstood what I meant.

So you're happier to read the lyrics in the album booklet than hear how they are actually delivered amongst music? It sounds like that is what you're saying but surely that can't be right lol.

It's ok to not like upbeat sounding songs, but my point is that it's not like Matt was lying if he was talking about the lyrics.

really;)

Dark also doesn't mean not-cheesy.

lol no surely my opinion can't be right lol.

you asked " Seriously who listens to music and cares what the lyrics are like in text " and I said I do which is true. it doesn't mean I don't care about the music. it's a balance. To me lyrics are not less important than the composition.

What I don't agree is "bright and poppy regardless of lyrics = not dark"

edit - note to myself: english mofo, do you speak it?

Edited by Eilya

lol no surely my opinion can't be right lol.

you asked " Seriously who listens to music and cares what the lyrics are like in text " and I said I do which is true. it doesn't mean I don't care about the music. it's a balance. To me lyrics is not less important the composition.

I'm usually like that, lyrics are a big part of getting enjoyment from music for me. With Muse I don't really care though, unless they're exceptionally shit ('brainwashing children to be mean' etc.) I think maybe I've just been used to Matt's meh lyrics for so long that I'm indifferent to it. When some lyrics do pop up that I like, I just see it as a bonus.

I'm hearing some vastly varied opinions about this song.

From what I can gather, it's more pop-drivel in what has been claimed to be a rock-album. Hmmmmm.

2 pop songs out of 10, one of those being pop rock. Meanwhile you have Psycho, Reapers, Defector, and The Globalist firmly in the rock category. Such liars Muse are!

2 pop songs out of 10, one of those being pop rock. Meanwhile you have Psycho, Reapers, Defector, and The Globalist firmly in the rock category. Such liars Muse are!

+ The Handler, given everything we've heard about it.

I've made a similar post to this a bunch of times within the past few months. People are being reactionary as fuck in the "rock album" topic.