Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

That is one diabolically bad song.

It's like they've said, how can we make a song that's worse than Neutron Star Collision? And they did it!

Nah.

As for the transition to Reapers, the heavy ending with the slightly scratchy guitar sounds like it would lead in well to the intro of Reapers that we've heard live.

This is the end of Muse for me. Everything that's come from this album so far just seems hopeless.

Even the globalist is sounding boring.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I really like Psycho and Reapers, but the other two are boring and uninspiring.

I still have faith that the actual album will be great, but they've managed to extinguish my hype and hopes a fair bit with the releases of DI and Mercy.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I really like Psycho and Reapers, but the other two are boring and uninspiring.

I still have faith that the actual album will be great, but they've managed to extinguish my hype and hopes a fair bit with the releases of DI and Mercy.

Yeah, forgot about Reapers.

I do like the majority of that song... not looking forward to the cheesy 'drones!' in the studio version. And really hope the chorus picks up in the studio.

It sounds like it's gonna be more fun live. I like Starlight but I just find it a bit of a disappointment when they play it live.

I know what you mean when you say Starlight's dsappointing live. It feels like the heavier parts really lack the energy they used to have. I really can't see Mercy being better though.

It sounds like it's gonna be more fun live. I like Starlight but I just find it a bit of a disappointment when they play it live.

Every single big band has a big radio hit that bores their hardcore fans but that average fans love hearing at shows. And Muse and every big band will always play those radio hits/singles to appease the average concert goer.

I know what you mean when you say Starlight's dsappointing live. It feels like the heavier parts really lack the energy they used to have. I really can't see Mercy being better though.

Starlight sounded surprisingly "heavy" at Webster, might have just been the small venue though. It was nice.

Starlight was pretty big. Still one of the most recognized songs by far.

I know I whine about some of those hits, but really, it's my own fault for listening to 100s of live gigs in the first place.

I think it IS going to be a little weird when they're playing songs consistently that sound too similar, like Psycho/Uprising, Mercy/Starlight.

Would be cool if they put the old ones to rest.