Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Yeah you might like Banter, they have an ongoing contest to see who dislikes new Muse/Muse fans more. Post that picture and maybe you'll win! :thumbsup:

Umm, not really. :erm:

New fans are more than welcome in Banter, it's people like you who put them off posting.

Starlight sounded surprisingly "heavy" at Webster, might have just been the small venue though. It was nice.

Funny you mention Webster, I was in the 3rd row and as soon as the piano in Starlight came on another random fan and I glanced at each other, he then said to me "they can't help themselves."

Memorable moment for me lol.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I really like Psycho and Reapers, but the other two are boring and uninspiring.

I still have faith that the actual album will be great, but they've managed to extinguish my hype and hopes a fair bit with the releases of DI and Mercy.

funny, I think Mercy and DI are the better songs. Psycho is essentially just the same riff repeated over and over and while I really liked the riff when it was used to rock out after SS/MoTP, it's just not that great as a song. it's fun, but nothing more, really.

and reapers.. I think I've already said all I could about that :LOL:

I'm curious as to why people would think this isn't the finished song.

Other than that they want that to be true.

Well I don't know about anything else but the volume in general seems too high, in the downloadable file that is. Dont know if anyone else has noticed this?

Starlight wasn't that huge a hit anyway... I reckon their biggest hit is Uprising.

In terms of recognisability I think Starlight is their biggest pre-Resistance hit.

In my world Madness and Uprising are in the top followed by Starlight and Supermassive. Next layer is Undisclosed, TIRO, Hysteria and now Dead Inside.

I don't think Mercy will be that big a hit. Nice and radio-friendly, yes, but I think it's too meh and "unimportant" compared to Dead Inside.

I forgot to add something, too. All the songs we have so far (studio versions), are all kinda flat(?)... No drama, little build-up. Is this intended? Or are my standards too high. O.o

Playing along with the 'concept album' concept

Dead Inside is like the last embers of dying emotion with the final bit.

Psycho, being more of a repetitive dirge to represent being remade by the evil drill sgt.

Mercy being almost a relapse back to emotion - i think it's out of place 3rd on the album tbh.

Reapers is then the horrors of what the evil drone master is making him do

or some shit like that :LOL:

Ok guys call me crazy all you want, but here we go:

I actually think people are right about the differently mastered versions. I uploaded my mp3 of Mercy (from Warner) to iTunes Match. With iTunes match, if the song you're uploading exists on the iTunes store, it doesn't upload it, it just matches it with the copy there. I'm assuming Mercy is up there somewhere in the iTunes store since it's only a day away. Listening to Mercy on another computer (where the original file isn't locally stored at all) sounds drastically different. Like some elements (such as the guitar clinks before the first chorus) are low in the mix and the vocals are much quieter. Overall much better sounding and way less compressed!

Edited by HomesickSubterranean

Ok guys call me crazy all you want, but here we go:

I actually think people are right about the differently mastered versions. I uploaded my mp3 of Mercy (from Warner) to iTunes Match. With iTunes match, if the song you're uploading exists on the iTunes store, it doesn't upload it, it just matches it with the copy there. I'm assuming Mercy is up there somewhere in the iTunes store since it's only a day away. Listening to Mercy on another computer (where the original file isn't locally stored at all) sounds drastically different. Like some elements (such as the guitar clinks before the first chorus) are low in the mix and the vocals are much quieter. Overall much better sounding!!

I never really understood how iTunes Match works. So it plays for you possibly the iTunes version instead of this version we hear now?