Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

"show me mercy from the godless and mean"

lol, wtf, is matt religious and attacking atheists now or am I reading way too much into it? :LOL:

I just noticed that part as I read your post. That is a strange lyric, but remember Matt's writing in character for most of the album.

The song isn't from his own perspective.

agreed, but narrative wise we align with the main character. and he also stuffs together in the same chorus powers that be, killing machines, the mean... all the favourite Bellamy villains :p found it a bit strange that the godless are included in such company

pretty boring tbh. agree on the "treble" comment. im sensitive to higher frequencies in some way (when i play guitar i always turn tremble to 0-1, else my ears hurt) and it sounds really not that good in the beginning.

Edited by kingcools

ah, that actually make more sense. I saw the godless lyric on musewiki too, though

Musewiki can be edited by anyone, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. After listening again, I'm thinking "gutless" is the most accurate guess so far.

As far as the lyrics, I do really like this part at least:

Absent gods

in silent tyranny

We're going under

Hypnotized by another puppeteer

Musewiki can be edited by anyone, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. After listening again, I'm thinking "gutless" is the most accurate guess so far.

As far as the lyrics, I do really like this part at least:

Absent gods

in silent tyranny

We're going under

Hypnotized by another puppeteer

I don't have a problem with the lyrics tbh, it was just that bit that I found odd. I don't even mind the "eat my soul" bit since he's talking about ghosts so it kind of makes sense...? At least in a horror film kind of way...

I don't have a problem with the lyrics tbh, it was just that bit that I found odd. I don't even mind the "eat my soul" bit since he's talking about ghosts so it kind of makes sense...? At least in a horror film kind of way...

I just think "devour" sounds much better in the context of a song, so I would've preferred that for both lines.