That Assassin video is awesome! That's the one song I can't listen to while driving because I HAVE to air drum.

Fingers crossed the rest of the album continues in the vein of Psycho and Reapers in the sense that it is all guitar driven. That might sort of force Muse's hands when making a setlist for the US tour.

I think considering the recent setlists it's fair to assume there won't be any piano songs on this album? Unless it's a guitar-based song with piano outro or bridge, like CE. I hope so.

There hasn't been enough space to fit a piano on stage for these gigs, so it's impossible to know at this point.

Guys, just had a wild theory! I don't think there's a song on Drones that's a sequel to Citizen Erased... because I think the entire album is the sequel to Citizen Erased. If you think about the themes of that track, they fit in perfectly with the entire concept of the album.

Well, that what I think anyway.

Guys, just had a wild theory! I don't think there's a song on Drones that's a sequel to Citizen Erased... because I think the entire album is the sequel to Citizen Erased. If you think about the themes of that track, they fit in perfectly with the entire concept of the album.

Well both songs we've heard so far have been basically fan service, so it's not out of the question. Dead Inside will likely confirm or deny your theory.

I've said this before myself, I definitely think it's a possibility

Well both songs we've heard so far have been basically fan service, so it's not out of the question. Dead Inside will likely confirm or deny your theory.

Reapers is fan service? Why is that?

I'm not disputing your point of view here, just curious.

Didn't Matt specifically say in an interview that he wrote a sequel and was happy with it but 'wasn't sure if it would make it on the album'?

yeah:

"Is it true that you’ve written a sequel to Citizen Erased?

(laughs) I did indeed. But I don’t know yet if it will appear on the album or not. Because it actually was only a test. I wanted to see if I’d be able to once again write a song in the style of our second album ’Origin of Symmetry’ or if it would be near impossible because I’m somewhere else. It was about stripping off the recent past and to go back to something which was long ago. I was quite unsure about it and with this song I wanted to find out. And it worked out."

So even though the album might be in that 'style' and with that theme, it's definitely not "the sequel" he was talking about since that's a specific song that may or may not crop up on the album.

Didn't Matt specifically say in an interview that he wrote a sequel and was happy with it but 'wasn't sure if it would make it on the album'?

yeah:

"Is it true that you’ve written a sequel to Citizen Erased?

(laughs) I did indeed. But I don’t know yet if it will appear on the album or not. Because it actually was only a test. I wanted to see if I’d be able to once again write a song in the style of our second album ’Origin of Symmetry’ or if it would be near impossible because I’m somewhere else. It was about stripping off the recent past and to go back to something which was long ago. I was quite unsure about it and with this song I wanted to find out. And it worked out."

So even though the album might be in that 'style' and with that theme, it's definitely not "the sequel" he was talking about since that's a specific song that may or may not crop up on the album.

Surely this implies b-sides?

Reapers is fan service? Why is that?

It's what a lot of fans have been asking for in terms of heaviness, riffs etc. Throw in some wanky tapping bits, falsettos, a proper solo and a "live" outro. Then add Psycho, the Helsinki like riff, the ridiculous setlists being played lately, and this whole era starts to look like blatant, glorious fan service.

It's what a lot of fans have been asking for in terms of heaviness, riffs etc. Throw in some wanky tapping bits, falsettos, a proper solo and a "live" outro. Then add Psycho, the Helsinki like riff, the ridiculous setlists being played lately, and this whole era starts to look like blatant, glorious fan service.

the setlists are ace but some new songs that are actually good would be preferable. it could be much, much worse (it's still not madness lél) bot I expected a lot more from muse's "grand return to rock".

the setlists are ace but some new songs that are actually good would be preferable. it could be much, much worse (it's still not madness lél) bot I expected a lot more from muse's "grand return to rock".

Well that was silly of you.