Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

So, have we figured out what the vocoder sings during the chorus yet?

You can run but you're never gonna hide

You can run but you're never gonna, never gonna

You can run but you're never gonna hide

You can run but you're never, never

I think it's "you can run but you never hide, you can run but you can never never never never"

Yeah, thought so, but it's still kinda lost in the mix, so maybe I was just hearing what I wanted to hear. :p

Musically - the only one I like in the album so far. 7-8 / 10.

Lyrically - this album is cringe-worthy. Matt is getting even worse. The lyrical videos are so unbearable to watch. Just stop with these lyrical videos.

:LOL: The username, the post...classic .mu

After a few listens, I really feel like they could have beefed up the bass more. Sounds really quiet at times. Makes the song seem a bit flat everywhere except the chorus.

Still an awesome song though, and even better live.

Is this what people mean by the verses falling flat?

Maybe its my hearing loss, but it just doesn't sound that bad. I'll have to listen again on proper speakers.

Sometimes you only have to listen with a bit more volume if you think the song is weak in some parts.

I don't know what is your audio setup but on my headphones (audio-technica ath-m40x) it sounded fine.

Maybe "weak" isn't quite the best way to say it... I just think the guitar work or the tones aren't good in the verses. They seem flat, maybe?

Mostly what I dislike is the robotic voices in the chorus; they sound like static, or too many people talking at once, which is probably the intent, but it irritates me really badly, and I feel make the song sound really campy.

I mean, I already didn't like things like the "classic rock" guitar work, distorted vocals, etc, I just actually liked the live one better.

I can't listen to it on a better system, though... because I haven't received a single pre-order link despite still being charged for the box album, and although it appears available on iTunes, you get "no longer available" when trying to purchase.

I really don't want to run the risk of getting double charged. I've had issues with the store never sending my things in the first place, and getting a refund took ages.

A bit tight on money to have all that tied up. :(

Maybe they should just sort their shit out and deliver on what people have paid for...

Mostly what I dislike is the robotic voices in the chorus; they sound like static, or too many people talking at once, which is probably the intent, but it irritates me really badly, and I feel make the song sound really campy.

See, this I just don't understand. I have to imagine that you're not listening on anything particularly high-quality. I wouldn't describe them as static-y at all, they're very clear, and I think they really help the song along rhythmically and harmonically.

Also, bonus points to Muse for something that both sounds awesome and totally works thematically.

See, this I just don't understand. I have to imagine that you're not listening on anything particularly high-quality. I wouldn't describe them as static-y at all, they're very clear, and I think they really help the song along rhythmically and harmonically.

For some reason they remind me of electrical noise with the distortion on them.

I can clearly hear voices, but I can't tell what they're saying at all.

Mostly I find them irritating, distracting and camp.

I'm new to posting on the forums, and I'm gonna post my thoughts on the song later when I come down a bit, because right now I absolutely love how it sounds. Instead, I'm going to raise what is likely a really inconsequential thought, but does anyone else think they're throwing a real curveball at us with the repeated use of, "babe." Especially in a fairly heavy and macro song like this.

Hearing "babe" in Dead Inside made sense to be, although it was still weird to hear in a Muse song. But now hearing it in a song like Reapers has me wondering if this will become a recurring theme throughout the album. Who/what is this babe? Ultimately, this is probably irrelevant, but it's just something I noticed.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that this song release really has me real excited to hear everything in context of the over-arching story, because right now I'm 90% sure I'm going to love the album musically.