698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

The outro is the best damn thing off of drones so far personally IMO

Also beats everything off of T2L.

I wish the whole damn song was in the same kind of vein as the outro. That is the dark sounding rock I've wanted.

Still I am a fan. And I did not like the song based on the live version.

I wish the whole damn song was in the same kind of vein as the outro. That is the dark sounding rock I've wanted.

Still I am a fan. And I did not like the song based on the live version.

Yeah i completely agree. That dissonant guitar with the siren in the outro really captures the sinister and morbid aspect of drone killing.

Pretty neutral, actually. Not sure what enjoyment hipsters get out of it, really.

Maybe a little bummed there's at least one song on the album I'm not into.

Wait.

You would be the hipster for going against the 97%+ of people who like the song. Not the other way around.

Hipster.

Wait.

You would be the hipster for going against the 97%+ of people who like the song. Not the other way around.

Hipster.

That's what I meant; I don't see what's so fun about not liking what everyone else likes.

Not sure why you'd want to make a lifestyle out of it.

I just feel... like I don't like a song.

That's what I meant; I don't see what's so fun about not liking what everyone else likes.

Not sure why you'd want to make a lifestyle out of it.

I just feel... like I don't like a song.

Oh, I see. Misread. Thought were trying to cause a commotion.

I respect your opinion.

the things that really annoy me:

1. the bass line on the verse, specially for the second chord.

2. the guitar's tone on the solo specially 3:09-3:11.

the things that I really like:

1. drums kick during the first verse. (and first half of 2nd verse)

2. the vocoder during the chorus.

I finally heard it with decent headphones, and I'm still firmly DI > Mercy > Psycho >> Reapers.

Swap Reapers and Psycho, and that is exactly how I am. But Reapers, Dead Inside, and Mercy could all rotate depending on my mood. Psycho is just too repetitive for me. But it is killer live!

I think that is a good sign for this album so far. Three of the first four songs released could swap as my favorites at any one time. The ending part of Dead Inside just pushed it over the top for me at the moment.

the things that really annoy me:

1. the bass line on the verse, specially for the second chord.

2. the guitar's tone on the solo specially 3:09-3:11.

I agree with the guitar tone. It sounds really weird. like he didn't quite reach the note he wanted to...

Well I'll admit I didn't have high hopes for it. Psycho is a fun tune but just a bluesy hard rock track and not much else, Dead Inside was... okay but felt like something was missing, and I like Mercy but it just felt like a heavier Follow Me (I'm sure once I hear it in the context of an album, my mind will change).

However THIS song is what grabbed my attention. Its catchy and upbeat verses with the AC/DC-esque chorus is a total sign of a true rocker. The solo is great too- it's a little long but a good song overall.

My bf watched this video while I was at work, and has spent the last 1/2 hour bitching about the awful usage of the Predator drone images (hovering, couldn't possibly fly in the building, etc.)

I now associate this song with a one-sided lecture on aerodynamics. :noey:

Apparently there's also a scene in the building interior where the "quadcopter" (because if you call the non-military ones "drones" to a "hobbyist" that's another hour long argument...) filming it hits a wall. :chuckle:

Wow, just listened too it. I don't know what to say.

This was like my favorite song off the past two albums from the live recordings but I don't know if I even like this much at all.

Holy shit how did they fuck this up so bad. Its Waaaayyyy overproduced.

The lyrics sounded way better in my head. Also the lyric videos are so cringeworthy.

Sorry for cynicism, but damn, shits got me salty.

EDIT: Alright second listen calmed down. Song is better without watching the godawful lyric video.

What I don't like:

Still a bit overproduced.

The background voices in the chorus.

The lyrics.

Edited by TobyLarone