Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

I'm having a pretty hard time finding it. Ugh, damn west coast living.

If anyone finds it, mind PM-ing it to me?

YouTube...sort by "upload date" & "today". It's still there.

Is that ok to post?

EDIT: Well this is weird, when I refresh the vid on my phone, it still works. But if you search for it, it's gone. So I guess what I said won't work for you. Sorry.

Edited by skrillzzz1109

Since when Muse has done what they claim/promise with regards to going back to basics :-P

I think the distorted yell is more back to Muse basics.

I think what we've heard/found out so far is at least partially indicative of a back to basics approach, much more than the last few albums, anyway.

SOOO GOOOOOD! But I think this album would sound much better if they produced it themselves, TR and T2L were easily the best produced albums muse have ever made... this is a little overproduced... but still REALLY good!

Yeah, because those two albums don't have any overproduced song :rolleyes:

Seriously, do people not remember just how distorted Matt used to make his vocals in the Absolution days? I love the sound of the choruses/chants on this track.

Overall, I am psyched that the studio version is damn near as good as the live version. In fact, parts are way better, especially the ending lines of the verses.

Seriously, do people not remember just how distorted Matt used to make his vocals in the Absolution days? I love the sound of the choruses/chants on this track.

Overall, I am psyched that the studio version is damn near as good as the live version. In fact, parts are way better, especially the ending lines of the verses.

Yes I do, SS back in 03/04 sounded sick with vocal distortion. Reapers is quite reminiscent of it.

Yeah, because those two albums don't have any overproduced song :rolleyes:

Complex production =/= Over-produced. Tracks like Madness/UD/Follow Me use a lot of synths/electronics but it fits the type of sound they're going for and it gels whether you like the song or not. Mercy was poorly produced and this sounds a bit over-produced. There are unnecessary effects on the vocals, the mix is too up and down and it generally doesn't gel like the last two albums do.