Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

I really do hope that outro's on the album...

Really high chance of it being considering they've played it multiple times and there's also additional backing instruments and vocals to go with it. If it's not part of Reapers it will occur elsewhere.

Reapers is the only track that has taken time for me to truly warm to, maybe because live recordings. But I bloody love this now. It's great. And it was brilliant live!

It's an obvious grower, which is why I called bullshit at people saying it was amazing/bad on first listen. You've just gotta relax and let time work its magic.

I like it more every day.

I really feel like it'll end up being Animals like, in being cleaner on the album. At least based on what we heard from the album so far. The live performances have a kind of messiness to them that brings the urgent feeling out more. But I assume the chorus and solo will benefit from studio work.

I really feel like it'll end up being Animals like, in being cleaner on the album. At least based on what we heard from the album so far. The live performances have a kind of messiness to them that brings the urgent feeling out more. But I assume the chorus and solo will benefit from studio work.

That's true. I'm super curious how it will turn out. I hope it's not too clean.

That outro with the vocals is so awesome :facemelt:

fucking hell! :facemelt: sounds unreal

I'll admit that it kind of was a grower for me too. mainly just the solos, I've actually liked the chorus from the start, though you could hear it was pretty weak to start out with. but far out it's just sounding better and better. absolutely love the sense of urgency, like TSP or something - which I would kill to see live

Heres AN opinion of Reapers. For me, i can already tell I'm going to like it, looking forward to the studio version. With that said, in the end i felt that Reapers has 3 songs built into 1, the verse, the chorus and the solos. When i heard the verses, i was thinking "wow, muse haven't written verses like this in quite some time!" and then once the riff/chorus kicks in, its fucking bad ass as shit but it departs from where you think the verse will take the song. thereafter it kicks back into the verse, then back to the chorus which by then you're already used to, THEN you get hit with the flurry of solos. I love the solos, just think they're a little out of place in the song is all (and even maybe a little to long) But then once it goes to that sort of bridge after all the solos (where matt holds the notes followed by the whammy pedal fidgeting) I feel like i'm lost and that the song loses its punch for me. This is where i'm hoping is just a case for it live, and the studio version keeps everything nice and tight.

Other than that, I wonder what a song built around the verses would of sounded like :rolleyes: