Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Yeah video still works in the U.S.

I love the guitar part in the chorus. The urgency really reminds me of Dying Atheist. I can't wait to hear how the vocoder + all other subtle layers fit in the song. I'm also in love with the part of solo that sounds like Around the World by RHCP...such a great a transition to the whammy bit at the end

He put it on soundcloud:

My first impression is not to like it. The intro is BHAR-esque "Thunderstruck" sound-alike and the song feels way too literal classic rock. Have to wait for the studio version, though.

With the songs we've heard from this album, and the last two albums, it just feels like Muse are the world's most gifted imitators, channelling their current fancies in way too literal ways. Which sucks, because with Matt's songwriting gifts and their talent as musicians they could be so much more as their earlier records indicated.

My first impression is not to like it. The intro is BHAR-esque "Thunderstruck" sound-alike and the song feels way too literal classic rock. Have to wait for the studio version, though.

With the songs we've heard from this album, and the last two albums, it just feels like Muse are the world's most gifted imitators, channelling their current fancies in way too literal ways. Which sucks, because with Matt's songwriting gifts and their talent as musicians they could be so much more as their earlier records indicated.

Yep.

I disagree. As I said before, it sounds to me more like what it would've been like if Muse had kept gradually progressing their sound from BHaR instead of experimenting with a grab bag of genres on the last 2 albums.

:rolleyes: