Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Haven't read through all the pages on here, but does anyone else really love the air raid siren towards the end? I love it. Dark feel for the win.

The outro is mega win. Love the dark, hopeless feel and the eastern style vocals.

The choir was playback and he didn't actually hit the final note. They overdubbed the studio vocals.

I wouldn't call a choir track being playback, given it's very difficult to replicate a choir on stage, and Morgan's (and sometimes Chris') backing vocals that accompanied the choir during live performances were never that good...

(I wouldn't mind if the choir track was replaced by some strings or organ-like synths if Survival ever returned to the setlist, though)

I wouldn't call a choir track being playback, given it's very difficult to replicate a choir on stage, and Morgan's (and sometimes Chris') backing vocals that accompanied the choir during live performances were never that good...

(I wouldn't mind if the choir track was replaced by some strings or organ-like synths if Survival ever returned to the setlist, though)

It is "playback", technically speaking because the choir track is literally being played back. The choir being playback isn't the main complaint though, the main gripe is the fact that they used other parts of studio tracks where they shouldn't be. For example they played the Guiding Light guitar solo straight from the studio track if I remember correctly and Matt wasn't even holding a guitar, wtf? This was the most "sell out" type approach they've taken to a live gig. They'd have done perfectly fine performing every bit on their own. I don't know why they didn't

It is "playback", technically speaking because the choir track is literally being played back. The choir being playback isn't the main complaint though, the main gripe is the fact that they used other parts of studio tracks where they shouldn't be. For example they played the Guiding Light guitar solo straight from the studio track if I remember correctly and Matt wasn't even holding a guitar, wtf? This was the most "sell out" type approach they've taken to a live gig. They'd have done perfectly fine performing every bit on their own. I don't know why they didn't

Matt played the solo.

Thank god he did. Was worried for a moment there.

Thank god he did. Was worried for a moment there.

Alright well I was mistaken but Guiding Light live here was horribly done.

Chris was playing guitar, so I assume they had Morgan playing bass, Matt played literally no guitar until the solo. I thought this was a stupid move

Morgan plays the bass line on his keyboard, which just makes it all sound even worse.

I really wonder why they felt they had to be disingenuous about their musicianship for this performance, like did they really feel everything had to be perfect? It just didn't make sense to me how HAARP was so perfect for all it was whereas this felt totally manufactured. I hope they don't do this for arenas/stadiums with Drones.

ON TOPIC: I heard some of the Reapers recordings EQ'd and it sounds pretty okay

I still liked it, but definitely their weakest release so far. Hopefully they actually do a release this tour so they don't have to double up again.

I think they only doubled up because they weren't proud of how the TR songs were turning out live, or that they either would have had insufficient material to merit a new DVD. But eitherway yeah, a proper Drones era DVD would be amazing for what I figure it'll be worth. I really think we've got some bangers headed our way

Well we don't really know what the proper Drones tour will be but I'm also optimistic. Something like Manchester for TR and Stade de France for T2L would've translated very well. In the end Rome seemed to only accomplish showing the weaker sides of both tours, but it was a bigger shame since the latter tour was a lot better received and had a lot more potential for a good live release.

They overdubbed the last note in Take a Bow as well.

This is true but it wasn't as embarrassing.