I still don't think Muse have done a great concert DVD - Hullabaloo is good, but I find it near impossible to watch. Absolution Tour has the two best performances cut and was just a cheap Christmas cash cow. HAARP sounded absolutely terrible and Live in Milan had a terrible setlist and was just completely boring, even if it did look pretty great.

It remains a travesty the 'Absolution Tour' DVD wasn't Earls Court.

This is very melodramatic. HAARP did not sound "absolutely terrible" smh

I still don't think Muse have done a great concert DVD - Hullabaloo is good, but I find it near impossible to watch. Absolution Tour has the two best performances cut and was just a cheap Christmas cash cow. HAARP sounded absolutely terrible and Live in Milan had a terrible setlist and was just completely boring, even if it did look pretty great.

It remains a travesty the 'Absolution Tour' DVD wasn't Earls Court.

I agree with this. The shows these DVDs contain were great but the DVDs could certainly be better, and some of the decisions to cut material from the Absolution/HAARP DVDs is mind boggling to say the least *cough*City of Delusion/Sing For Absolution at Wembley*cough*. The production values of Unsustainable Tour were unbelievable and with a proper rock set, it'd probably be my favorite.

I really hope Muse plans on releasing in 4K Blu-Ray this time around now that tech is on the horizon. It sucks having a 4K display but not being able to do anything but game on it.

I always thought they sounded pretty bad in BH&R in general so I don't know how much it could have been fixed. It's my favorite in regards to filming though so I do enjoy watching it. There's some great performances, I think it still flows nicely even with omissions, and everything is very colorful; the stage and the band. Rome would have been more colorful but they literally remove the color for like half the video.

T2L got some great concert footage though even if the official release was disappointing. I'm not too upset over it.

I don't really see the point in releasing tour DVDs so often when the songs and the way they're performed stay mostly the same. It made sense when it felt like they were almost documenting significant milestones of evolution for the band (and when the songs still differed enough from film-to-film) but, since HAARP, that hasn't really happened imo.

Nowadays, the only point I can see behind releasing a DVD would be for special or unique gigs (Leeds/Reading '11, Zepp '13), otherwise the only thing that really separates them are the 5 or so new-album songs. The rest will be the exact same thing you've heard on the last 1 or 2 DVDs.

I applaud to you.

HAARP sounds fine to me, honestly. Not as good as Glasto or Hullabaloo, but there's nothing notably wrong with it.

I can't enjoy the way the distorted guitar is doubled and delayed slightly in the other channel. It can work, but for some reason on this release I really notice it and it sucks my enjoyment down slightly. Rome has good sound, if not very compressed, but yes they cut a lot of tracks from it to stop doubling of tracks over that and HAARP I think? Took out all the jams as well.

I read somewhere that a dvd of this tour is coming out, some artist somewhere was quoted as saying they are doing one. No sauce to hand, sorry.

for the DVD Matt told The french radio 'Virgin radio' that maybe it will be recorded in Madrid or Copenhaguen.

As a Dane, of course I would love them to record something in Copenhagen, but I laughed out loud when he said that. They are playing at The Forum this tour and last time they did that was in 2007, so I don't think he remembers that it is one of the ugliest venues in the history of the world.

Luckily, Copenhagen will have a brand new 15,000 capacity arena ready to use in spring 2017.

for the DVD Matt told The french radio 'Virgin radio' that maybe it will be recorded in Madrid or Copenhaguen.

He said that Showbiz will be played in a small venue in Paris latter (because he forgot how to play it ). But there is no chance it happen

Very insightful interview, that. The comment about a small show in Paris almost sounds like they might have plans on doing further small gigs. Could also be nothing though... I'm glad they realise the impact the stage has on crowd energy. And interesting to hear that they brought back TaB because it fits the set up and staging.

In terms of the live DVD's...

• Hullabaloo is my favourite live DVD and I think sounds great, if a bit hard to view with the fast cuts.
  • Absolution Tour is good but agreed with the post that it should have been Earl's Court - the XFM bootleg on YouTube is monstrous, and the set is longer/better.
  • I played HAARP a few weeks ago. Agreed the setlist is shitter than necessary, and that on certain songs, the guitar and vocals don't sound quite right, but its not as awful as some insist IMO.
  • Live in Rome looks awesome (the 4K edit of Follow Me I saw demoed on a TV in a local electronics store, even moreso) but it sounds inconsistent and has the shittest set.

The 2010 Summer Stadium EP on YouTube sounded rather good - was there once a plan to make a DVD of the Stade de France gigs that year or did I make that up?

I initially thought that Madrid or Lisbon would be where Muse might film a live DVD, although I had also thought they might see the venue in Madrid as an old filming location given they filmed the video for Resistance there. Copenhagen is a surprise, although that might be influenced by the band being impressed by the crowd at Roskilde.

The 2010 Summer Stadium EP on YouTube sounded rather good - was there once a plan to make a DVD of the Stade de France gigs that year or did I make that up?

I seem to remember something about the TR Tour DVD being a sort of compilation of the best gigs on the tour? Could be making that up though.

I think HAARP has a pretty amazing tracklist tbh, probably my favourite of the 4. Map, Butterflies, Hoodoo, AP, Invincible, Blackout, Stockholm, TAB. Great versions of Knights, Unintended and PIB too imo. Only problems with it are the sound (+ the iffy BH&R Tour tones), Matt sounding a bit nasally (think he had a cold tbf) and the colours looking a bit muted and sickly at times.

Massively doubt I'll be buying the new one if they do one anyway, for the reasons I said before. If those pro-shot clips from that interview just before Bercy are anything to go by, I'm not sure it'd even look particularly good with this stage/production either.

Edited by Jobby

If they are making a new DVD i hope the setlist will be good. Of the four they've done HAARP is my favourite, for the venue, for the setlist and for how amazing was the production (the flying ballerinas were original back then).

The lack of DVD in the Resistance Tour was a letdown, i really wanted Wembley '10 released because was a beast of a show, and if not, Milano and Manchester were superb alternatives aswell, but nothing. Rome was a letdown too for how cheesy was the setlist, even if was the best filmed of all their releases.

Copenhagen venue is very small, i still have no idea how are they gonna fit the stage in there so i'd say it will be recorded in Madrid. It's a big venue and the crowd is always loud and energetic for them over here which is important for a DVD.

Fitting the stage won't be a problem, since the venue is a former arena for track cycling and therefore lots of space on the floor. When sold out it holds 10,000 people and I don't think the seats at the back hold even 1,000 people.

Copenhagen venue is very small, i still have no idea how are they gonna fit the stage in there so i'd say it will be recorded in Madrid. It's a big venue and the crowd is always loud and energetic for them over here which is important for a DVD.

Well, yes - it looked energetic in the Resistance video. No mean feat given how dour it is as a song live.

I seem to remember something about the TR Tour DVD being a sort of compilation of the best gigs on the tour? Could be making that up though.

I think HAARP has a pretty amazing tracklist tbh, probably my favourite of the 4. Map, Butterflies, Hoodoo, AP, Invincible, Blackout, Stockholm, TAB. Great versions of Knights, Unintended and PIB too imo. Only problems with it are the sound (+ the iffy BH&R Tour tones), Matt sounding a bit nasally (think he had a cold tbf) and the colours looking a bit muted and sickly at times.

Massively doubt I'll be buying the new one if they do one anyway, for the reasons I said before. If those pro-shot clips from that interview just before Bercy are anything to go by, I'm not sure it'd even look particularly good with this stage/production either.

Don't know for sure. I think it was mentioned in an interview early in that tour, but I also swear someone said they had extra cameras at the SDF gigs that tour for a live movie.

HAARP has a good tracklist, but would've been amazing if the songs cut made it. The version of Blackout there is outstanding and I also like the MOTP, B&H and Invincible performances. The guitar tone on heavier songs (and also on SMBH) is a bit wrong.

I'll wait and see for any preview clips before making my mind up.