I use some reusable musician's earplugs made by 3M which are rather good, they actually lower the volume down by 30dB rather than block certain frequencies. No idea how much they are as they were given to me by my old college. I remember they came presented in a cigarette sized box with a little carrying case (it gave my mum a shock as she thought I started smoking :LOL: ). Make sure you clean your ears though, they can get a bit gunky.

These aren't the ones I own but look similar (and have a different case): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpine-PartyPlug-2015-Earplugs-Festivals/dp/B00REB9VXU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1458774908&sr=8-2&keywords=gig+earplugs

What's the point of going to a gig with earplugs? I honestly can't think a dumbest thing to do. Save the money and listen through youtube...

I actually have tinnitus due to concerts and have to wear earplugs unless I want to cause more damage. If you're 21 and have constant ringing noises/beeps in your ears like me, you wouldn't be saying that kinda bullshit

I actually have tinnitus due to concerts and have to wear earplugs unless I want to cause more damage. If you're 21 and have constant ringing noises/beeps in your ears like me, you wouldn't be saying that kinda bullshit

No i wouldn't but it's not likely to happen.

I use some reusable musician's earplugs made by 3M which are rather good, they actually lower the volume down by 30dB rather than block certain frequencies. No idea how much they are as they were given to me by my old college. I remember they came presented in a cigarette sized box with a little carrying case (it gave my mum a shock as she thought I started smoking :LOL: ). Make sure you clean your ears though, they can get a bit gunky.

These aren't the ones I own but look similar (and have a different case): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpine-PartyPlug-2015-Earplugs-Festivals/dp/B00REB9VXU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1458774908&sr=8-2&keywords=gig+earplugs

Thank you, Destroya. :)

And you guys calm down, no need to get riled up between each other upon using or not using earplugs. :LOL:

You can absolutely get tinnitus from one concert. Especially if you have damage to your ears already that just hasn't manifested the symptoms yet.

Plus, earplugs actually make a lot of gigs sound better in the first place, considering many venues, and arenas in particular, weren't designed for concert acoustic, and sound like tinny, ringy shit until you put good earplugs in.

Philly sounded atrocious, with the vocals sounding really high pitched and off to the naked ear. Unfortunately, the vocals and guitar were so low in the damn mix I couldn't use my plugs anyways...

As stupid as getting tinnitus for going to one concert in your life. Seriously save the money.
Who the hell only goes to one concert in their life?

Also your logic is beyond ridiculous, and comparing it to the chances of getting lung cancer from going outside just means you have no idea how you actually get tinnitus.

Who the hell only goes to one concert in their life?

Also your logic is beyond ridiculous, and comparing it to the chances of getting lung cancer from going outside just means you have no idea how you actually get tinnitus.

You'd be surprised of people that only went to one gig in their lives, i know a few :LOL:

I go to concerts every 2 years or something like that and nothing happened, as expected. If you are not going to the front row i don't see why you should worry, is not that loud.

You'd be surprised of people that only went to one gig in their lives, i know a few :LOL:

I go to concerts every 2 years or something like that and nothing happened, as expected. If you are not going to the front row i don't see why you should worry, is not that loud.

Wait, don't tell me, you're anti-vax too?

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/talking-back/just-1-rock-concert-or-football-game-may-cause-permanent-hearing-damage1/

There's a link for you btw. But I don't think it'll do much good because you actually believe that "I did it and I'm fine so it's not dangerous" is a logical argument. Do you also not believe in condoms?

Wait, don't tell me, you're anti-vax too?

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/talking-back/just-1-rock-concert-or-football-game-may-cause-permanent-hearing-damage1/

There's a link for you btw. But I don't think it'll do much good because you actually believe that "I did it and I'm fine so it's not dangerous" is a logical argument. Do you also not believe in condoms?

I believe in what i see and thats everyone in attendance of a gig walking off just fine. I'm sorry for those who have tinnitus but if it was a real threat nobody would go to concerts so fuck off with your superiority.

I believe in what i see and thats everyone in attendance of a gig walking off just fine. I'm sorry for those who have tinnitus but if it was a real threat nobody would go to concerts so fuck off with your superiority.
But it is a real threat, and people do get tinnitus, and people like you still go to gigs without earplugs. So...no, you're obviously wrong.

Some gigs are definitely louder than others. At Ghost I was on the front row, right in the centre and barely seemed loud at all. Then again I had a decent view for the Contortionist/Tesseract in Manchester which was blisteringly loud (same sized venue) and feel that has fucked my ears up. Stupidly didnt wear ear plugs to those but will start doing it again now.

But it is a real threat, and people do get tinnitus, and people like you still go to gigs without earplugs. So...no, you're obviously wrong.

I have no idea but probably those who have it standed in front row, then yeah it'd be a good idea to wear earplugs cause it sounds distorted as fuck when you are that close to the sound source.

Of all the gigs i went i never felt it was too loud except when Flea turned the distortion on during Give It Away which felt like the roof was gonna come down. Other than that it depends on the band, AC/DC front row you are guaranteed ear damage, from what i've heard they are extremely loud.

Now i have a question here, do they wear earplugs when they party? Is pretty much the same db depending on where you stand isn't it?

Clubs can be very bad for your ears especially. Local stereos maybe less so but it still depends on the loudness and position.