Yeah, and Hysteria, and Cave :happy: I enjoyed most of the gig tbh, only really dissapointing was Starlight, TIRO and UD. SMBH was great too (it was after all the one song which got the best crowd reaction :p

EDIT: oh and NB hadn't turned to shit yet :awesome:

Edited by Zolic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have an opinion on the best performance of Screenager?

I just can't seem to find a truly beautiful one.

Cheers :D

Depends whether you prefer the piano or guitar versions.

For piano: Hullabaloo or Montreux Jazz Festival 2002

For guitar: La Route Du Rock 2001

Those are my preferred versions anyway. Screenager was one of those songs that didn't really have any performances that were noticeably better than others.

My favorite version of SS is the one from SXSW. Brilliant performance and I like the mix. Good improvs snuck in the song that I haven't heard in any other versions.

My favorite performance of Unnatural Selection... the guitar and vocals in the breakdown especially.

eM279ozbYpQ

IMO the most intense version, and my favorite MK Ultra:

xbu6HmZ4LIw

And as much as people hate this Neutron Star Collision, it actually sounded quite beefy good here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99hFw0u2XlA&t=8m43s

My favorite version of SS is the one from SXSW. Brilliant performance and I like the mix. Good improvs snuck in the song that I haven't heard in any other versions.

My favorite performance of Unnatural Selection... the guitar and vocals in the breakdown especially.

And as much as people hate this Neutron Star Collision, it actually sounded quite beefy good here:

Agreed with everything except SS (I find it there not so special, quite good but I've heard better)

That MK Ultra and that US are just immense.

Love that US. I also really liked the one from the Oakland show I thought that sounded pretty great.

For MK Ultra I'd probably pick Austin City Limits or Rock Am Ring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Ok so I haven't seen many live videos of Uprising, but the one they played at BBC Live Lounge the other night was certainly the best I've ever seen it. That guitar tone, and falsetto :awesome: . Anyway, anybody agree?

I really think this has become my favorite Uprising performance now.

Good lord, poor Christopher's neck!

I thought I was good and well done with this song, but I forgot about this performance...

You really thought that was hard headbanging from Chris?

Is it just me that finds something special with the iTunes Festival performance of Supermassive Black Hole? Dunno what it is exactly, but when i first saw it, something just seemed fantastic. And Matts guitar sounds incredible.

I reckon its also to do with how clear you can hear Chris during it (heck, most songs from that show aswell. Its like his lead songs have given him the boost to perform live a lot easier and louder) but that may just be me...