SMBH still doesn't beat 2006. And Hyper Music doesn't beat 2002.

Nah, I think 2011 onwards, particularly Leeds (no bias, promise <3), is the best version of it. The slight drop in tempo adds a fair bit of beef and Matt's vocals are way better on the verses nowadays.

I agree about SBH though, Shepherds Bush has always been the best version.

Only saw one arena show and one stadium show, but...

Positives

- Mixing the setlist up more

- Dead Star

- The stage set, especially the stadium one, which was my favourite since HAARP

Negatives

- Gimmicks; actors, the roulette (don't tease me with Stockholm Syndrome before playing a half tempo New Born instead - dicks), acrobats

- Set pacing (first encore of stadium shows)

- Matt pretending to be Chris Martin

- Guiding Light and Undisclosed Desires

For the record, I enjoyed my one Resistance tour show more than either of the shows I saw on this tour, but this tour was more interesting to follow on here

Let's see

+ Varied, for the most part unpredictable setlists, that kept you wondered what they were going to play

+ Not as many 2nd night Syndromes as TR tour.

+ Excellent stage production

+ Really good setlist length and rarity pool.

+ Really excellent vocal performances in songs like US and RBS.

- Laziness in Matt dropping his guitar/piano parts. Blackout looked like an absolute joke, and GL was even worse without Chris on bass. Matt needs to stop trying to be like Bono and just stick to playing his guitar parts.

- Roulette gimmick. This had the potential to be something really good, but it was just a visual that most of the time was 50/50.

- Laziness in piano songs. Started off with 2 and basically was just dropped to 1/none by the end of the tour.

That's about it really, despite the disappointing end, it was definitely a good tour

Dead Star, Fury, Hyper Music (Zepp), Sunburn (though it's pretty much been consistent), Futurism (but it hardly counts), Supermassive, Micro Cuts (compared to R&L)

I'm with Fabri about SMBH... of all songs I was meh about, the first time I heard it this tour at the roundhouse gig for itunes I was impressed by how much heavier (and better) it sounded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvwL158S6hc

When the actual song first kicks in, that tone. Nono. Also I remember at the O2 Arena gig, when it really kicks in I actually thought the guitar had cut out, thought it was just bass

the tone is what I loved! so beefy.

I'm yet to get FG at a show so I guess I'm lucky, but I agree it and GL need to fuck off, and I only want UD with keytar (I'm probably one of the only people who like the keytar intro from the Resistance tour).

The good:

Crowd interaction - I feel that the guys talked to the crowd more this tour which is good, I'm not a fan of bands/artists who say fuck all to the people they're performing for, makes the gig feel more stoic and less intimate for me.

Better song rotation - Good that more older songs are getting more of a look in now, hoping that trend sticks for the next tour.

Stage setup - I liked the tower idea from The Resistance tour, but I prefer the pyramid setup, plus the stadium stage was awesome (here's hoping I get to see a stadium gig in person next tour!)

Covers - Excluding Feeling Good, I loved the covers they did this tour, I would love to hear a studio recording of Lithium (album 7 b-side maybe?)

The bad:

Explorers/Guiding Light/Feeling Good - all need to go, I'm not a fan of any of those songs, if you want to put in a slow song, ffs do Blackout or Unintended.

Starlight as a closer - doesn't work.

Isolated System as an opener - again, for me at least, doesn't work. I loved We Are The Universe from The Resistance tour, would be cool to see that return as an opener.

Matt being a lazy fuck and trying to emulate Bono - self explanatory.

Chris' songs - On album I like them but live no, he always sounds nervous and as though he regrets writing them in the first place.

Overall I thought this tour was better than The resistance tour minus one or two small things.

Should put some of these stats in the OP Matthijs!

I think overall it was a pretty awesome tour, what Ari said really. And I agree about Blackout, all I can remember of it from Emirates is being disappointed and laughing at Matt lying down amidst a crowd of 60,000 people..

PM me some ready to copy-paste things and I'll put them in :happy:

No need for more rarities imo. 1-2 songs where the crowd goes completely dead is enough for me.

Unless they're gonna go all out and just sing whatever song pleases them and not the fans, in which case I'm all for more crowd killers to save Muse as a live band.

Or they can play rarities that aren´t crowd killers. Hyper Music got everyone going at Reading and Assassin probably would.

I thought unsustainable could have been a lot better if Matt controlled more of the guitar parts (I could be wrong, but doesn't his technician do most of the work off stage - all the whammy stuff?). It would have been a lot better if he sang in it too...

To me, liquid state felt unfinished on album release, I was hoping it would evolve more during the tour but it never really did. Maybe picking up more interesting guitar parts/sounds or something. Still, surprised me how much I enjoyed it live.

Agree with Clunge about Matt playing everything, that was the worst thing about the tour by far.

Agree with this too, made unintended and blackout pretty forgettable when I saw them which was a real shame due to their potential

Everything else has been said really, brilliant production, good setlists, plenty of surprises, not much to complain about at all really!

Also I know that it was total luck on my part since I only went to 2 gigs overall, but seeimg RBS live - not one of my favourite muse songs at all - but hearing him sing that note for the first time and confirming it on twitter in the immediate aftermath was such an awesome feeling. It's not really relevant to how muse performed, but the fedling of the whole fanbase watching the few people who were at the SECC that night for comformation was a pretty cool feeling I can't wait to experience again :happy:

Edited by Oh Hannah

I only actually went to one T2L gig as it happens and as arena gigs go, it was pretty average.

I just want Muse to break their cycle of album > arenas > festivals/stadiums > end. It's just become a bit samey. I know logistically it is the most sensible way but I just crave seeing them somewhere a bit more intriguing again.

I loved the version of Unintended they did during the HAARP tour. The T2L one less so.

And yes, Blackout was a shadow of its former self. That song is all about Matt's fantastic vocal but also his skills as a virtuoso too.

Just love some of the older versions where he lets the last note, distortion and feedback ring out with his guitar balanced on his head. Amazing.

I thought unsustainable could have been a lot better if Matt controlled more of the guitar parts (I could be wrong, but doesn't his technician do most of the work off stage - all the whammy stuff?). It would have been a lot better if he sang in it too...

To me, liquid state felt unfinished on album release, I was hoping it would evolve more during the tour but it never really did. Maybe picking up more interesting guitar parts/sounds or something. Still, surprised me how much I enjoyed it live.

The whammy is MIDI controlled, not manually done by his tech. Expression and program changes are too fast. Singing would have been nice though

Don't know where to post this considering the tour thread is closed but, but my buddy posted this on Facebook..

"AXSTV is broadcasting weekend 2 footage of Coachella. Hysteria, Bliss, Animals, Unsustainable, Time is Running Out, Uprising, and Survival were shown. It re-airs tomorrow (today) at 11:00 PST."

So perhaps someone will record it and put it on youtube.