Should put some of these stats in the OP Matthijs!

I think overall it was a pretty awesome tour, what Ari said really. And I agree about Blackout, all I can remember of it from Emirates is being disappointed and laughing at Matt lying down amidst a crowd of 60,000 people..

No need for more rarities imo. 1-2 songs where the crowd goes completely dead is enough for me.

Unless they're gonna go all out and just sing whatever song pleases them and not the fans, in which case I'm all for more crowd killers to save Muse as a live band.

Agree with most of what's been said already. Particularly on Matt playing his instruments - Blackout in particular could have been so much better if he'd actually played his guitar. Same with the New Born intro - no offense to Morgan but the pace always seems much slower when he plays it instead of Matt.

Also I agree with certain songs being retired - Guiding Light, Undisclosed Desires and Resistance frankly were far too overplayed on this tour. There are better tracks to choose from TR. I don't mind starlight and lets be honest Matt loves the clapping so much it's here to stay - although the point regarding playing instruments applies here to.

Stages were great - particularly liked the Stadium stage with the flame throwers which just worked brilliantly on tracks like Survival, Knights and Supremacy.

The roulette wheel being random is a good idea also however i'm not sure how the band could do that totally random given different tracks require different instruments. More tracks on the roulette wheel would definitely be great though!

Only real disappointment from me is that they still haven't brought Muscle Museum back even though it was on the setlist for Sao Paulo but I guess it was to vocally challenging for Matt given his throat problems. Definitely one I want to see back for the next tour!

I'll start with the negatives:

- Matt not bothering to play guitar for certain parts/entire songs also ruined it for me. Blackout was a major disappointment. This was by far the biggest issue of the tour for me.

- Come to think of it, I can't think of a single song that was performed better on this tour than previous tours.. Hmmm...

(EDIT: Maybe RBS and US?..)

Positives:

- Longer and better set lists.

- I welcome the fact they've cut down on the riffs..

- Of the new songs, I enjoyed supremacy and especially survival.

- Oh, and the fire chimneys :)

Edited by Tom//P

Agree with most of what's been said already. Particularly on Matt playing his instruments - Blackout in particular could have been so much better if he'd actually played his guitar. Same with the New Born intro - no offense to Morgan but the pace always seems much slower when he plays it instead of Matt.

Well... That's because the whole song is slower.

- Come to think of it, I can't think of a single song that was performed better on this tour than previous tours

Unnatural Selection, Undisclosed Desires, Ruled By Secrecy. Dead Star and Sunburn were better than last tour at least.

- Come to think of it, I can't think of a single song that was performed better on this tour than previous tours.. Hmmm...

TIRO

Uprising was alright I guess

PiB wasn't any worse

Dead Star was pretty good, although not exactly different from 2008 much, just the solos he does different

This tour has been the first time I've seen Muse live, so I can't compare it to another tour properly.

Although I completely agree with what some people already said about Matt playing guitar and some songs can really fuck off. I remember seeing Guiding Light in Barcelona, and I was like "well, at least I'm gonna see it for the first time so I can judge it" and... Let's say I saw a lot of people yawning:LOL::LOL: Then Blackout, a song which I really love, could've been better with Matt on guitar. As it was the first time I saw it, I really enjoyed it, but I honestly think it can be way better with him playing. I mean, I understand the thing of not playing an instrument for interacting with the crowd, but laying on the stage is unnecesary.

As for the actors, I still don't understand the woman drinking petrol during Feeling Good. I think they were trying to make the song more "enjoyable" with that, but for me it failed miserably as I don't think it fitted the song at all. During Animals it did a little better, maybe for the musos, which were really cool, but I think they shouldn't use actors for the next tour. Mainly because they don't need them.

As for the stage itself, it was really impressive, both arena and stadium. I quite liked the pyro, the pyramid and I found the visuals pretty great and fitting. And the rotation of songs was really good imo. If someone said to me they'd be playing Futurism I wouldn't have believed it at all. I think they'd done a great mix of hits and treats to hardcore fans. Of course many of us would love a rarity or two more, but what they've played this tour it's been ace.

Overall, it's been a great tour, and it's also been my first arena and stadiums gigs, which makes it even more special for me. I think they're in a great path to make an even greater tour with the next album. The only bad things have been Matt abandoning too much the guitar (and piano parts), one or two songs per set that can and should be replaced asap and the actors. On the rest they've done it incredibly well, I would give it 9/10:happy:

Unnatural Selection, Undisclosed Desires, Ruled By Secrecy. Dead Star and Sunburn were better than last tour at least.

I agree with US and RbS and maybe DS, but not UD.

Edit: Oh yeah, Futurism.... Also, I really liked the Montreal micro cuts

Come to think of it, I can't think of a single song that was performed better on this tour than previous tours.. Hmmm...

Dead Star, Fury, Hyper Music (Zepp), Sunburn (though it's pretty much been consistent), Futurism (but it hardly counts), Supermassive, Micro Cuts (compared to R&L)

TIRO and Supermassive were better on this tour, but they're the only ones I can think of right now as improving.

Uprising was hit-and-miss - the wall of bass on the 2009 arena tour had the best performance of the intro to the tune, but the outro riff was better. New Born was poor on the arena tour but better in the stadiums - better tone, tempo, power, keyboard sound.

I'd say the stadium tour sounded much better than the arena one did for every song I caught at both apart from Starlight and maybe Knights of Cydonia, although the shit acoustics at the O2 arena probably contribute to my thinking.

Hysteria and Plug in Baby were better on the previous tour, and Guiding Light was an abomination.

But overall it was good, and the shows at Shepherd's Bush and the Emirates were amazing. Longer sets, better looking stages and more variety was also a more worthwhile experience to follow than the TR tour, so good show on those fronts.