lol at all the comments on twitter, fb and probably youtube about how MUSE ARE DOING THE SOUNDTRACK. People are gonna be disappointed.

Yeah, wishful thinking. Though when a band associates themselves with a movie it is what people would automatically expect, seeing as they are musicians and all (but this is Muse after all)

If they did it would have great potential though. I remember Shrinking Universe being used in the trailer for 28 weeks later and it fitted well I thought :erm:

Yeah, wishful thinking. Though when a band associates themselves with a movie it is what people would automatically expect, seeing as they are musicians and all (but this is Muse after all)

Yeah it's really silly of Muse's management to do something like that if it's only gonna end up being a gig.

Well Chris said it wasn't.

But apparently it also made it sound like it wasn't "just" a song.

"Chris said he can't tell them, its gonna be cool, she heard it was gonna be a full soundtrack and Chris seemed thay way or something and that its not a single song"

Maybe Chris was being sarcastic when he said it was "definitely not a song." I know it's wishful thinking, but it's possible he could have sounded sarcastic when he said definitely and it just got lost going through several people and then posted on the message board.

I'm sorry but I doubt they'd perform a gig at the premier / whatevers been said is going on if they hadn't written new music for the film, their songs have been in plenty of films and they haven't really acknowledged it :LOL: so I'd say they've written a few songs for it, or something else associated with the film. And about what Chris said, I doubt the band would really say much before an official announcement.

but Muse have never written music for movies (inb4 the international)...I doubt they've started now:erm:

Well they never wrote a song for the Olympics before last year either..just because they haven't done it before doesn't mean they can't start now

Neutron Star Collison ....

it wasn't written for the movie, only used. like SMBH.

But by that logic you can never start doing anything.

yeah I know. I just wanted to express that I don't really see them doing it. (it'd be pretty cool if I was wrong though)

Doesn't Matt have a history of walking away from fans?

I don't get why he'd have the obligation to meet fan groups in the first place, if he doesn't feel like it.

but Muse have never written music for movies (inb4 the international)...I doubt they've started now:erm:

I don't quite get this logic. Matt HAS already dabbled in movie soundtrack music, like you yourself pointed out, why would that serve as proof of his motivation not to do so in the future? After IS is it very apparent that it makes very little difference if it's Matt or Muse's name on the track itself.

Maybe he was just not up to meeting fans right at the moment? :LOL: so much speculation, lol.

anyway, I don't know what to believe. It seems weird to have a band perform AT a premiere, period, is that usually done? Will be interesting to see what their association is with the movie, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was just a concert. (ie don't want to get my hopes up for new music)

Matt's never been one for fan meeting, as unfortunate as it is to say. Whenever fans are waiting somewhere and it's Muse's obligation to go to them, it's usually either Chris or Dom that ends up doing it.

Archived