it was recorded for the movie so not at all like SMBH. And meaning it could be the same thing in this case.

"It was written without intent to include it on the soundtrack but was appropriate for it, so it was contributed." from musewiki. but nevermind. all I'm trying to say is that I don't think they'll be making a song for the movie. (again, hopefully, I'm wrong)

"It was written without intent to include it on the soundtrack but was appropriate for it, so it was contributed." from musewiki. but nevermind. all I'm trying to say is that I don't think they'll be making a song for the movie. (again, hopefully, I'm wrong)

Read my post again.

If you still don't get it, read it again.

I don't get why he'd have the obligation to meet fan groups in the first place, if he doesn't feel like it.

Well I mean like cases where fans would say hi on the street and he'd walk by without a glance. Usually for pap issues although he seemed to be a little more open in the past few years. I don't know though I don't really follow or care too much for those aspects.

What he means is that SMBH was recorded for Black Holes & Revelations and then released long before the movie people approached them to make their shitty soundtrack/alternative rock mix tape.

Neutron Star Collision was written before the movie but had no intention of being recorded. Only when the producers approached the band did they record, produce, and release the song solely for the movie. I believe Matt said something about him originally intending it to for T2L (although it was a couple of years before so it might never have made it).

so basically, neither SMBH nor NSC were written to be used in a movie. but they both were, after being written. which was my point. my god you people.
You're not getting it...

Muse could have done the same thing they did with Twilight and NSC. Your point is quite irrelevant since it can still mean that we're getting a new song, if it was specifically written for the movie or not doesn't really matter.

I don't get why it's such a relevant point to you that NSC wasn't written for Twilight, we still got to hear the song because of it.

We're getting something new. As I've said time and time again, there are no ties between Warner and Paramount Pictures. There's no reason for Muse to be advertising World War Z.

They wouldn't post something like that to MILLIONS of fans for a simple contest that maybe 20 people at most will win.

You could also look at it this way. Why would they tease it then Chris just tell a fan like an hour later what it is?

He could have just as easily said "I'm sorry, it's a suprise!" and not have said it's not a song, if it is.

I don't understand why'd they'd release a trailer for a small show to the whole world :stunned:

But then again..:logic:

It goes a LITTLE beyond "Muse logic" to have the band play a "secret" or small gig - and have it teased through a movie that they are completely unassociated with, and through American radio station contests.

The only logical assumption is that there is either a song/s (which apparently there isn't,) they scored the movie (or the credits) or somesuch, or the band makes cameos as zombies in the film. :LOL:

Seriously, why the fuck would they use the movie to advertise anything, if they had nothing in it?

Even if Survival is in an ad for it, that would be something. :LOL:

Yeah, because Panic Station fits an apocalyptic zombie movie so well.

Yeah, because Madness fit a college basketball tourney so well...

Doesn't Matt have a history of walking away from fans?

Most everything I've heard is that Matt avoids meeting fans a great deal of the time, anyways. Not that I know everyone who's ever tried to meet him, sure.

There are, however, dozens of interviews/articles/quotes from over the years, where Matt has expressed his dislike for interactions with fans.

I at one point thought that was the purpose of all the handshaking this tour - he was starting to look like a twat to his fans.

Isn't the Emirates gig over a week before the premiere? I doubt the 'prize' would cover 8 days in a hotel..

Meh, maybe I was just hoping since it was worded funny, it meant more than a 1 or 2 song show. :erm:

Not that it wouldn't be cool... but the movie looks stupid, and it's 55% of the value of the prize in taxes.

Even for a secret gig, it would be terribly expensive.

That always deflates the dream a little bit. :LOL:

You either know what I meant, or you forget what you write immediately after writing it.

wat

Oh okay, so you say that Panic Station might be the song in the zombie apocalypse movie because Madness was the song of March Madness? :LOL:

Who said it fits?

What is it with people today? :LOL:

The point: Madness didn't fit, and yet they used it. Therefore not fitting is not an argument to why they wouldn't use Panic Station for this.

Archived