XFM: Muse 20th Anniversary small gigs

scifigeekgirl

• 4 months later...
Think theyll play the major cities like London, Manchester etc

Nope.

Why not just do a residency? Five nights somewhere reasonably-sized like Brixton Academy?

The best solution is still the clubs around Teignmouth imo. Would feel more special. It's going to be a nightmare for tickets either way.

I suspect it'll turn out being in Brixton/Sheps Bush size venues. I'm sure they'd prefer to do it around Devon and in clubs (and they still might), but they'll want as many as people as possible to see them, for fairness if anything, so I reckon it'll become a compromise

Could Devon handle the numbers of fans? Perhaps one gig in Teignmouth for a select few (winners of a competition?) and another in Exeter which I think is the biggest town in Devon. I'd love it if they came to Cardiff next time as it is the capital city of Wales and they only played England last time.:mad: They need to do Glasgow and either Belfast or Dublin as well. It's not fair that England gets all the gigs when the other countries have big enough venues to stage a proper concert.

Wasn't there supposed to be an Irish stadium show or something but it never got organized?

I swear reference was made to Matt allegedly saying at the Dublin O2 gig they were going to return for one that summer.

I saw someone also mention they tried to book the Copenhagen Parken stadium but couldn't get it when they wanted it for so the gig didn't happen.

Wasn't there supposed to be an Irish stadium show or something but it never got organized?

I swear reference was made to Matt allegedly saying at the Dublin O2 gig they were going to return for one that summer.

Indeed there was.

Matt: "We'll be back in the summer."

Dom: "Yes, in the good old Aviva Stadium."

I'd bet any amount of money we'll get a gig anyway around the time of Matt's little talk.

I saw someone also mention they tried to book the Copenhagen Parken stadium but couldn't get it when they wanted it for so the gig didn't happen.

Yes, at the very end of the gig.

And yes, they tried to book Parken, but it was already fully booked for the whole summer.

Archived