Any award show that deems One Direction worthy of winning anything other than the Must Be Shot award is a big ol' pile of wank, imo ;) Besides, Muse have enough Brits. They're wanting more Grammys now, I'll bet, so Matt can give another dodgy speech :LOL:

As for performance: it'll probably be Madness. I hope it's not, but I don't see them doing Supremacy for a big award show. They'll use it as a chance to plug singles, me thinks.

Acts only ever do one. I think they do two at the NME Awards, with the best one broadcast, but award ceremonies are normally just one song per act.

Also, February 9th is the start of voting and I think you can vote for both awards. Bad news in the case of the Best Group as this opens the floor to the vast swathes of One Direction morons, but live is certainly a half-decent shout.

Acts only ever do one.

The BRITS have started doing longer performances in recent years. In fact, when Muse played back in 2004, Muse only did one song but because The Darkness were all the rage back then, they did a couple (IIRC).

Always one of my favourite performances of Hysteria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubyTmfgMs7I

Matt's guitar sounds deadly :awesome:.

The BRITS have started doing longer performances in recent years. In fact, when Muse played back in 2004, Muse only did one song but because The Darkness were all the rage back then, they did a couple (IIRC).

I love that story about The Darkness and Muse at the BRITs

Muse History at the BRIT Awards

The BRIT Awards are the British Phonographic Industry's annual pop music awards. Muse have previously won two awards from ten total nominations, results from two of which are pending.

2001 Muse Pre Best British Newcomer - Nominated

2004 Muse Best Rock Act - Nominated

2005 Muse Best Live Act - Won

2007 Muse Best British Group - Nominated

2007 Muse Best Live Act - Won

2007 Muse Best British Album (Black Holes and Revelations) - Nominated

2008 Muse Best Live Act - Nominated

2010 Muse Best British Group - Nominated

2013 Muse Best British Group - Pending

2013 Muse Best Live Act - Pending

Confirmed BRIT Awards 2013 performers on 20 February 2013 at the O2 Arena:

Beyonce

Muse

Robbie Williams

Mumford & Sons

One Direction

Emeli Sande

Ben Howard

ITV1 will broadcast it live in the UK. Fuse will broadcast it exclusively in the USA.

Yay! I get Fuse! I will have to mark that on my calendar to watch! What an improvement over the NMEs this year!

Beyonce

Muse

Robbie Williams

Mumford & Sons

One Direction

Emeli Sande

Ben Howard

ITV1 will broadcast it live in the UK. Fuse will broadcast it exclusively in the USA.

Except for that appalling middle section, looks good

Beyonce

Muse

Robbie Williams

Mumford & Sons

One Direction

Emeli Sande

Ben Howard

Except for that appalling middle section, looks good

Archived