Exactly - only the Brits could One Direction be up for such an award, and only there could they win. :LOL:

I've heard on Twitter that Muse are going to be performing at the event too. Not sure if that's true or not, but it could be on. So what do we think they'd perform?

This isn't people's choice right? So I think Muse have a chance to win. Along with M&S and Alt-J.

If they perform it's either going to be Madness or Follow Me.

agreed, them and OD. ugh what awful competition. Alt J deserve best breakthrough not the other two

I don't like M&S either, but has Alt-J really had a breakthrough or only on this forum? I never heard anything about them expect here, but that's probably cause I'm german

Alt-J have done rather well in the UK, nice to see that awards shows as mainstream as the Brits have taken notice of that.

As for Muse, hope they win, hope Mumford/One Direction don't, and if they do play live, hope it's not Madness, wouldn't complain if it were Follow Me though. In my ideal scenario they'd do Supremacy and blow away the entire audience like they did with Hysteria back in 2004.

I think muse could be maybe be in for best live but if they don't win are we going to have people on twitter complaining how bullshit awards are because muse didn't win?

I don't really care if Muse lose but if One Direction win then the award becomes a fucking joke. Same if The Script beat The Killers and The Black Keys to best international group.

"Just announced - 2013 two time @BRITAwards nominees @benhowardmusic & @muse will be performing live at the ceremony in February #BRITs2013"

From Warner Chappell UK's twitter.

Good stuff, just hope they don't do Madness. They've played it live on UK television enough now, I just want them to blow the audience away with something 'in your face' style.

Agreed but frankly I'd even rather have them win than One Direction.

I think it might be a vote-for affair, which is bad news for everyone who isn't One Direction. Boo.

I'd rather One Direction win.

All award shows have pretty typical results/nominations. Nothing to be surprised at. Shouldn't even care who wins.

Your face is overrated.

If Muse or Alt-J can't win, I'd rather have M&S win than 1D.

I saw them supporting Two Door Cinema Club last November in Paris and there were lots of foreigners, especially British people who came clearly for Alt-J. Their album has also been named best album of 2012 lists by countless magazines/websites.

I want Supremacy as well. Follow me would make good sense it being the latest single or failing that Panic Station would be great. But I have read elsewhere that its Madness and it probably will be. I want it to be Supremacy though.

Archived