So people seem to be convinced Muse were miming at Brits...

If so, they recorded a completely new vocal track for the song and Matt mimed it flawlessly, which I don't think he'd be able to seeing he sucks at it.

Got this from some guy:

Tim Roberts ‏@Tim_A_Roberts

@Ryomakun123 I am a show tech....I can 100% confirm they were miming...worked the show....prick

So people seem to be convinced Muse were miming at Brits...

If so, they recorded a completely new vocal track for the song and Matt mimed it flawlessly, which I don't think he'd be able to seeing he sucks at it.

Got this from some guy:

Tim Roberts ‏@Tim_A_Roberts

@Ryomakun123 I am a show tech....I can 100% confirm they were miming...worked the show....prick

Maybe someone just trying to make trouble. :stunned:

Yeah I agree, if you look closely enough you can see that Matt wasn't miming. He's brilliant at miming if he was, he had it down to a tee, every detail was spot on.

I don't follow Coldplay but I quite like their music. The stuff I have heard. I think what may have won best live for them was their performance at the Olympics closing ceremony, which was, it has to be said, better than Muse's performance for creating an atmosphere.

Even though Chris Martin's vocals aren't that good in general, Matt didn't give his best performance that day, which was a shame.

Not that Muse were given a chance. They had to perform to track and only got one song, despite apparently having the Olympic song whereas Coldplay were given a whole set.

Hmm so I think, in that context, Dom has good reason to feel miffed, jaded or whatever. I feel miffed with him, now I've thought of that.

EDIT: I just looked at that guy's twitter. Obviously someone who hates Muse anyway. He said

"Muse opening to Brits is awful...just watching it..lighting abortion and why all the fake musicians above them?...half that song was taped"

I suppose half is possible? I have no idea if the orchestra were live. They should have been, but then we know what these TV shows are like. Muse may have had little choice in the matter (which could have been another reason Dom was feeling jaded incidentally).

This wasn't a technician at the show however, just someone watching it on TV. I have no idea whether a lighting technician would be able to spot a fake orchestra on TV or he's just spreading a bit of his hate.

Actually just adding, one thing I don't understand about miming. Having watched the video again to see if they are playing. How would you fake an orchestra? If they are touching the strings, noise is going to come out.

Yes I wondered about that. What does he mean? That he's feeling jaded because Muse didn't win?

If so that is perhaps not a very sensible thing to say, but maybe he was caught of guard.

Maybe he was just feeling generally jaded, tired or whatever when he was asked.

I do understand them feeling a bit pissed off about being asked to perform at the Warchild gig and at the Brits and then not getting an award, because being asked to perform when nominated builds expectations. Not that it's that important. But I can understand if Dom felt a bit jaded about that.

Coldplay and the Killers were both nominated for Brits in 2009, both performed at the Brits, both won nothing, both then performed at the War Child gig directly after the Brits finished.

Muse shouldn't have expected anything because at the end of the day they were not the best in either of the categories they were up for and if they thought they were they need knocking off their pedestals.

Coldplay and the Killers were both nominated for Brits in 2009, both performed at the Brits, both won nothing, both then performed at the War Child gig directly after the Brits finished.

Anyways the winners were decided before the show so it's not like how good they were there would have affected anything. As said, plenty of bands perform at shows and don't take home anything

Muse shouldn't have expected anything because at the end of the day they were not the best in either of the categories they were up for

That's debatable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2dWu6cM480

Just thought I'd leave this here to amuse people.

"Queen-iohead stadium botherers Muse, lead by their apparently 2-foot tall henchman Matt Bellamy, perform their symphony for youth orchestra, kitchen sink and bloke going waah."

"roll call of pissweak musical farts"

"trust fund Wurzels, Mumford & Sons"

:LOL:

Archived