matthijs

Oooh... intrigue.. I'm amazed they've sent you an email of their own accord I struggle to even get a reply out of them :LOL: Mind you its been a while since I've tried.

It's probably because they think you're Bs.

It was actually a newsletter from the shop, but I did receive not seven, but FOUR emails from three different people at MGW today. :cool: exciting times indeed.

I got one too, not sure how they have that address though :ninja:

Before you get any ideas, that has absolutely nothing to do with my guerrilla marketing contract with Mansons (which has been recently renewed, just so you know)

Which reminds me :ninja: Buy a calendar with my guitar on it :ninja: there are only a few left it seems!

yFaYTC7.jpg

Nah but really, it's definitely worth it, as there are some other interesting guitars in there which we haven't seen before!

Which reminds me :ninja: Buy a calendar with my guitar on it :ninja: there are only a few left it seems!

yFaYTC7.jpg

Nah but really, it's definitely worth it, as there are some other interesting guitars in there which we haven't seen before!

Totally forgot about the calendar so thanks for the reminder!

Yeah

Tim told me there was two MBs they were going to put on sale, I imagine there'll be another one (carbon?) popping up soon

rust_relic suggested that there were two of the same ones, but I don't know. Maybe you have another chance if that's the case :pope:

Also, I noticed yesterday.... I have a Maton BB1200 with the serial number 0203 :stunned: What does this mean to you?

That's begging for a matt-black refin.

I imagine the buyer had the choice when ordering, seeing as it's an MA-2.

Seriously!

I know what you're trying to do.

The matt black finish wears easier, making it look like Essence of Jim™ is actually more powerful than it says on the barrel. But it turns out that it can burn right through a poly finish almost as quickly.

Nice try son, but let your old man here take care of the marketing 'round these here parts.

Edit: Unless you were just saying that it would look better in a black finish. Then forget what I said.

So, I still haven't put in my order for an MA-2 EVO. Wanted to give it some thought over Christmas :). Anyway, I have a question considering the built-in Fuzz Factory: I haven't used one yet and I'm wondering how much of a disadvantage it is, that the only controls directly accessible are Stab and Comp (considering experimenting with the effect)? How difficult is it to fiddle with the other controls?

So I just shut my Hiscox case with my MA-2 EVO and both keys inside... and it's somehow locked itself 😳

Order another MA-2 EVO with a Hiscox hardcase and problem solved. You'll have another case key and you'll also have another MA-2 EVO :)

So, I still haven't put in my order for an MA-2 EVO. Wanted to give it some thought over Christmas :). Anyway, I have a question considering the built-in Fuzz Factory: I haven't used one yet and I'm wondering how much of a disadvantage it is, that the only controls directly accessible are Stab and Comp (considering experimenting with the effect)? How difficult is it to fiddle with the other controls?

It's a matter of removing the back plate on the guitar and turning the remaining dials on the board. Stab and Comp are the controls that you mostly need to sculpt the sound of the fuzz though. For me, it's usually the case with the other three of finding the setting I like and keeping it there.

Edit: To clarify, I use the actual stompbox. So changing the other three when necessary is easier, but I don't do it very often.

Order another MA-2 EVO with a Hiscox hardcase and problem solved. You'll have another case key and you'll also have another MA-2 EVO :)

This is what I would do. Might be worth ordering an MB-1 or something just to be safe though.

Could just order more Hiscox keys online? Don't think they're unique to the case, I used to have a couple and one worked for both

I would offer to send him some, but chances are he'd have gone mad and destroyed the lock with his teeth by the time they arrive.

It's a matter of removing the back plate on the guitar and turning the remaining dials on the board. Stab and Comp are the controls that you mostly need to sculpt the sound of the fuzz though. For me, it's usually the case with the other three of finding the setting I like and keeping it there.

Edit: To clarify, I use the actual stompbox. So changing the other three when necessary is easier, but I don't do it very often.

Cheers for the info, sounds good. I'm still not completely sure about it, but I'll probably go for the built-in version ;). Decisions decisions...:LOL:

Archived