matthijs

The trick to finding a bassist is to become one and infiltrate their clan.

I now know about 6/7 bassists.

Wait, you actually have to become one? That explains why I only know about three people who play bass as a second/third/whatever instrument with guitar as their main instrument.

Which is the same as me really :facepalm: Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? The only other instrument I've been messing around with is that old lap steel I have.

While technically it is my second instrument, I play bass more often due to playing it in about 4 bands, although one of those in a recording only thing that I also play guitar in. Personally, I'd consider myself a fairly competent bass player.

I know 2 guys in particular who I can honestly say can play circles around me, and both have bass as their only instrument. But at the end of the day, I can writing and record entire songs, not just one instruments part. That, to me, is a lot more valuable.

Yeah I know a few people with bass as their second. Nae good. Why can't anyone be as musically divine as us?

I dabble in piano on occasion. Not so much a second instrument though, more "this finger goes here, this one goes here" method.

Interestingly enough the best bassists I know have bass as a second instrument. Second instrument to cello for one guy, keyboard for one guy and guitar for another. Seems to give them a better knowledge of theory and such

Interestingly enough the best bassists I know have bass as a second instrument. Second instrument to cello for one guy, keyboard for one guy and guitar for another. Seems to give them a better knowledge of theory and such

Yeah I'm not knocking those that have it as a second instrument! Hell, technically guitar is Matt Bellamy's second instrument :LOL: It's just those that I know who play bass only really play it on occasion for a laugh..

My day will come. Maybe when I've a bit to spend I'll get myself a bass and read up!

I know 2 guys in particular who I can honestly say can play circles around me, and both have bass as their only instrument. But at the end of the day, I can writing and record entire songs, not just one instruments part. That, to me, is a lot more valuable.

Yeah true. I've written a few songs with both guitar and bass parts, but only one that I'm genuinely happy with... at least at the moment. I just need to work on the guitar sound for the beginning, which might end up being acoustic... it's a bit of a problem that I don't own one.

One of my criteria for selecting a bassist is th st it be their first instrument, no failed guitarists for me.

Tell me about your lap though, been thinking of looking into the old fender lap steels.

I went full on hipster when getting this lap steel. It's a 1946 kalamazoo (bought from a shop in brooklyn of course). I don't think it has a model name or anything like that. All I know is that it appears to be made of ash, and has a P90 (obviously). I've got it in open E.

Only thing is that it's a bit noisy when played through a distorted amp because of the single coil (I don't think it has any kind of shielding) and the cable is hardwired, which I might change at some point.

Thanks :) Can anybody help, if you purchase through manson guitar works how is a receipt given? I haven't received an email or anything :rolleyes:

It'll come via email... The big thing to remember in this process is to be patient. It's going to be a bit of torture. Especially bc you'll check your inbox, junk/spam mail, and their FB page every day looking for answers and seeing other builds. Congrats on the purchase.

Anyone have experience with the built in phase? Trying to finalize my custom specs now with Adrian. Just contemplating a few small details.

Anyone have experience with the built in phase? Trying to finalize my custom specs now with Adrian. Just contemplating a few small details.

I wouldn't bother. I remember there being something about the phaser really only being in the delorean because it sounded better before the fuzz factory, and you can't adjust the phase speed (unless you get something fancy like an additional control on the front of the guitar, but that's something only Bs could pull off)

Self impossed exile is over. I have been relieved of 96% GAS and the bank account thanks me.

In my case, 96% of my bank account would be relieved thanks to G.A.S.

This could and will happen to you.

Thanks :) Can anybody help, if you purchase through manson guitar works how is a receipt given? I haven't received an email or anything :rolleyes:

Did you buy through the website? If so, you should receive an email receipt once they start processing it. It doesn't seem to arrive the minute you place the order.

Ah what a world that would be to live in...

My answer would be don't hold your breath.

But you never know.

Remember that guy that was waiting for like... a really long time for his MA-2, and then the moment I said I would ask about it/take a picture for him when I was visiting the works, it showed up at his door without any warning?

Not that those two events were related to each other, but I'm afraid I'm not planning to visit again until 2017, so I'm afraid it will have to wait until then.

This also means no nando's until 2017 :stunned: Chances are they'd have opened a restaurant in NYC by then -- nah probably not...

Remember that guy that was waiting for like... a really long time for his MA-2, and then the moment I said I would ask about it/take a picture for him when I was visiting the works, it showed up at his door without any warning?

Not that those two events were related to each other, but I'm afraid I'm not planning to visit again until 2017, so I'm afraid it will have to wait until then.

This also means no nando's until 2017 :stunned: Chances are they'd have opened a restaurant in NYC by then -- nah probably not...

James don't act like there's no correlation... They knew you were coming. They knew they were behind schedule. They knew you'd be less than impressed and they acted quickly.

2017 eh? That being said, you're probably still going to have your next nandos before mine. Hell we could even coordinate our next visit to cause some sort of rift in time.

James, have you heard of highly Suspect? Their album Mister Asylum is a contender against Muse for Best Rock Album Grammy. Very Royal Blood sounding, worth a listen!

I've listened to that album non stop over the last week or so. I was meaning to post in here about it actually, I really love it.

It's great that they are up for a Grammy, they deserve it and in truth it's a much better rock album than Drones!

James don't act like there's no correlation... They knew you were coming. They knew they were behind schedule. They knew you'd be less than impressed and they acted quickly.

2017 eh? That being said, you're probably still going to have your next nandos before mine. Hell we could even coordinate our next visit to cause some sort of rift in time.

Well it worked. It's like that time Jim had that transaction with Elliott Man... he just had to keep going back for more :pope:

And yeah, probably, but only if it's a cheeky nando's and it comes to me first. Otherwise, we'll both have to have it at the same time.

James, have you heard of highly Suspect? Their album Mister Asylum is a contender against Muse for Best Rock Album Grammy. Very Royal Blood sounding, worth a listen!

Already purchased the album :nerd: Was surprised to see that they're from the U.S.

Had an email from Adrian saying they're gonna build it next week, so delivery next week is happening :)

How are these compared to the cort? I tried one in the store and really liked it so I'm hoping this is even better.

How did you manage that?

And they are a bit different. The corts are great, but it does seem like more goes into the MA series.

Had an email from Adrian saying they're gonna build it next week, so delivery next week is happening :)

How are these compared to the cort? I tried one in the store and really liked it so I'm hoping this is even better.

No comparison from my experience. You will adore the MA, it's brilliant.

Archived