tumblr_nyyxe3B8131uxl1l8o4_250.jpg

tumblr_nyyxe3B8131uxl1l8o3_250.jpg

tumblr_nyyxe3B8131uxl1l8o6_250.jpg

tumblr_nyyxe3B8131uxl1l8o5_250.jpg

tumblr_nyyxe3B8131uxl1l8o1_250.jpg

tumblr_nyyxe3B8131uxl1l8o2_250.jpg

tumblr_nyyxe3B8131uxl1l8o8_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_nyyxe3B8131uxl1l8o7_r1_540.jpg

Verdict after a quick 30 minute play: The finish is gorgeous. Definitely worth waiting for. I love how glossy the neck is and they really didn't hold back on the glitter which makes me very very happy as I'm all for a lot of sparkles on a sparkle guitar!

The MBK-3 is a lot more powerful than the MBK-2 and cracks up a lot quicker (in terms of distortion) so I'll have to rethink a few amp settings on the axe fx i think haha. The sustainiac actually sounds so much better than the FSK401 in my satin black one and reacts a lot better and in a much clearer way. The custom knobs are fun too.

I went with the kill button rather than the switch mostly for aesthetic reasons but I think the switch probably would've been the better option. I usually only use it to kill the signal completely rather than to do Morello things as it helps when it has to be done instantaneously but I'm sure I'll find some fun uses for the button.

Glad I went with chrome knows and tuners rather than black as well, I was going to stealth it all up but I actually prefer it this way. I'll upload some photos when it gets dark of how the glitter reacts to different lighting but as of now it's 2.31pm and not going to be dark for another 6 hours and i couldn't contain my excitement that long!!! :awesome:

Glitter glitter and more glitter!!!!

SNIP.

Verdict after a quick 30 minute play: The finish is gorgeous. Definitely worth waiting for. I love how glossy the neck is and they really didn't hold back on the glitter which makes me very very happy as I'm all for a lot of sparkles on a sparkle guitar!

The MBK-3 is a lot more powerful than the MBK-2 and cracks up a lot quicker (in terms of distortion) so I'll have to rethink a few amp settings on the axe fx i think haha. The sustainiac actually sounds so much better than the FSK401 in my satin black one and reacts a lot better and in a much clearer way. The custom knobs are fun too.

I went with the kill button rather than the switch mostly for aesthetic reasons but I think the switch probably would've been the better option. I usually only use it to kill the signal completely rather than to do Morello things as it helps when it has to be done instantaneously but I'm sure I'll find some fun uses for the button.

Glad I went with chrome knows and tuners rather than black as well, I was going to stealth it all up but I actually prefer it this way. I'll upload some photos when it gets dark of how the glitter reacts to different lighting but as of now it's 2.31pm and not going to be dark for another 6 hours and i couldn't contain my excitement that long!!! :awesome:

So. Much. Want. Been thinking of getting an MA for live gigs and this isn't helping.

Looks great

The neck is glossy? Do the EVOs not have satin finished necks?

Looks great

The neck is glossy? Do the EVOs not have satin finished necks?

I asked for a glossy neck but I think the gloss finishes may have the gloss on the necks anyway

Awwwwwwwwww shit that looks nice.

I've been wanting to try out a sustaniac for quite a while to see how it stacks up with the FSK. Interesting to hear your verdict.

GLITTER VID :awesome:

The sustainiac is sooooo much better as a stand alone pick up to be honest. It gives much nicer tones and i'm getting almost strat like tones out of it on certain amp settings on my AXE FX. As a sustainer it's also way better. It's much better with reacting to the notes and is much clearer as well.

I'll try get a video up after uni wraps up next week haha

I asked for a glossy neck but I think the gloss finishes may have the gloss on the necks anyway

The sustainiac is sooooo much better as a stand alone pick up to be honest. It gives much nicer tones and i'm getting almost strat like tones out of it on certain amp settings on my AXE FX. As a sustainer it's also way better. It's much better with reacting to the notes and is much clearer as well.

I'll try get a video up after uni wraps up next week haha

Preach about uni, mate. Snowed under at the minute with my primary sustenance being alcohol. Standard really.

I'm in a pickle with the sustainers. I really want a sustaniac but I'm not willing to take the Fernandes out of vile orange, feels like putting a new turbo V8 in a classic Aston Martin cos its more powerful...

Not that it's a classic guitar :LOL: , more that I'm reluctant to muck around with it for fear of changing something I didn't want to.

I guess I'll just have to buy another guitar with a sustaniac in it ....

Damn thats gorgeous! Dat headstock :eek: Tempted to ship my satin MA-S back for a refinish! How is the neck finish compared to MBC?

Yeah, the sustainiac sounds much better as a regular pickup than I thought it would. Never used a fernandes one though.

That glitter looks :facemelt:

Isn't he the one who improved the Star Wars poster?

I know it's not like the MBC, but it's pretty close to the MB-1, isn't it?

The M1D1 has the asymmetric original MB shape, which is quite different and is larger than the production MB1 shape.

EDIT: Anyone know who owned the sparkly Manson that's up on FB?? So. Much. Want.

The M1D1 has the asymmetric original MB shape, which is quite different and is larger than the production MB1 shape.

EDIT: Anyone know who owned the sparkly Manson that's up on FB?? So. Much. Want.

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm sure someone owns it now

Someone meaning rust_relic

Archived