Oh, shit. I didn't realise he had sold it to you. Does that mean I've missed the oppurtunity to own it twice then?

Haven't I posted the group escapee picture a few times?

And not really, it didn't go up for sale publicly or anything

Not the best picture, but it's the best my iPhone 5 (or whatever I had at the time) could do.

8d5GrAf.jpg

#NotForSale

Super Jelo. I must have seen that before, not sure how i'd forgotten about that. Just #FrenchMan8000Euros to convince now?

I remember looking at the Rust Relic on the Mansons website when it went up for sale and thinking, "Nah...." :(

Speaking of rust and so on, I noticed that the latches on my MB-1 case have started to rust a bit. Is that normal? I've only been out here for a year so it's a bit of a concern. I went away for a couple of weeks, and came back to find the strings all covered with rust as well, but most of the comes off thankfully so I can get a bit more life out of them if I clean them properly, and things like pickup screws rust a lot more out here, but things like the cases I haven't really thought about. I do try and wipe the latches down when they start getting a bit cloudy if that makes sense (same with the nickel straplocks as well), but I wasn't expecting them to actually rust as such. I'm assuming it's not a problem right now, but I don't want to get to a point in the future when the guitars are in the cases and I can't get them out, haha! Anyone had anything like this? I was thinking of asking Mansons about it at some point, but may as well throw it out to the forum for the time being.

Speaking of rust and so on, I noticed that the latches on my MB-1 case have started to rust a bit. Is that normal? I've only been out here for a year so it's a bit of a concern. I went away for a couple of weeks, and came back to find the strings all covered with rust as well, but most of the comes off thankfully so I can get a bit more life out of them if I clean them properly, and things like pickup screws rust a lot more out here, but things like the cases I haven't really thought about. I do try and wipe the latches down when they start getting a bit cloudy if that makes sense (same with the nickel straplocks as well), but I wasn't expecting them to actually rust as such. I'm assuming it's not a problem right now, but I don't want to get to a point in the future when the guitars are in the cases and I can't get them out, haha! Anyone had anything like this? I was thinking of asking Mansons about it at some point, but may as well throw it out to the forum for the time being.

Excellent post.

I'm not sure really - I've not had any of my case latches go rusty in the time I've had them from new, but I think there's one or two that did have slightly rusty latches when I got them second hand.

The main problem I'm dealing with now is the humidity (?) killing the strings, and in some cases, building up on the hardware (such as pickup covers) after a relatively short period of time. Some are fine, but others really need a deep cleaning after a few months. A quick wipe down after playing doesn't really remove it.

Super Jelo. I must have seen that before, not sure how i'd forgotten about that. Just #FrenchMan8000Euros to convince now?

I remember looking at the Rust Relic on the Mansons website when it went up for sale and thinking, "Nah...." :(

He lowered the price at one point, but I think he raised it again.

There's also this one, but no one knows what happened to it.

12994442_10153956170540944_9108255447796928857_n.jpg?oh=549ad22f2be62d198eec7aa5ad39eb73&oe=58589261

Its the humidity, I'm guessing you're close to 100% most of the time?

The catches and things you can wipe down with some light mineral oil periodically, which will help I guess. It works for my wood tools.

Would that mineral oil work for what I'm describing? I think the problem is not so much from the humidity itself, but from whatever the humidifier is blowing out.

I know it's a bit unusual to have one running in the summer like this, but remember this is NY. It's already dry enough here, and the AC reduces it further (down to about 30%)

I think you're correct, the humidifier is producing water vapour, but that's not necessarily the same as atmospheric humidity which is less likely to condense on things. I'd be wary of putting stuff on my guitars. I guess you could use Vaseline or something, but I'd just store them till the conditions improve.

Not the best picture, but it's the best my iPhone 5 (or whatever I had at the time) could do.

8d5GrAf.jpg

#NotForSale

Looks like I have the same guitar stand as you. Just need the guitars to match it :chuckle:

This one? The shape looks slightly different.

c7175f_73b2e2f2fa30a1d9029543aef84d1bc7.jpg

Also (off topic, but we need to finish this thread so Bs can get a new guitar), did you get a muffroom cloud, james90? Or fallout cloud as it's now called.

Its the humidity, I'm guessing you're close to 100% most of the time?

I don't know to be honest. I assumed it was the humidity too, but I looked it up and found it's about 75-85% depending on the month, which bizarrely is about the same as where I was living in the UK. I can only assume that it's the combination of humidity and temperature, but I really don't know enough about this kind of thing to be able to judge it properly. It was never a problem in the UK obviously.

I think you're correct, the humidifier is producing water vapour, but that's not necessarily the same as atmospheric humidity which is less likely to condense on things. I'd be wary of putting stuff on my guitars. I guess you could use Vaseline or something, but I'd just store them till the conditions improve.

Yeah good point. I already keep them in cases when I'm not playing them. It would probably be worse if I didn't!

Looks like I have the same guitar stand as you. Just need the guitars to match it :chuckle:

This one? The shape looks slightly different.

Also (off topic, but we need to finish this thread so Bs can get a new guitar), did you get a muffroom cloud, james90? Or fallout cloud as it's now called.

Remember that guy who wanted to charge £45 for taking pictures with MB's peavey wolfgang? I could charge people if they bring their guitar stand for a photograph with my guitars.

And yeah that's the one. It now has a chrome bridge pickup from what I remember.

I do have one. I saw the fallout cloud, but couldn't tell if it was any different.

What are your thoughts on the MuffRoom? I appreciate the build quality of those ThorpyFX pedals, never played one though.

What are your thoughts on the MuffRoom? I appreciate the build quality of those ThorpyFX pedals, never played one though.

I was wondering this too, it sounds great from demos but I've never played one either. Gunshot sounds :facemelt: as well.

I have the four of them - all are great pedals. The muffroom has a lot of low end (even for a big muff type pedal). The calibre control is a bit... I don't know, but I haven't quite figured out the best way to dial it in

Imperial Vintage sold this for $10k, and now they're turning around and selling it for... well, have a look

https://reverb.com/item/2357839-manson-mb-1-2013-red-glitter-matthew-bellamy-signature-electric-guitar-muse

PNuGnIC.jpg

I am new to Reverb.com and making the switch from eBay so pardon the lack of reviews. I have 500 reviews on eBay with 100% feedback. Customer satisfaction means the world to me and I strive the extra mile to make my customers happy.

#PeaceOfMind

Now you're just being mean.

Edit: I'll see your birdseye, and raise you some birdseye timber.

IMAG0232_zpscekuc2ni.jpg

Edited by Jaicen

prototype?

208113_10150153475122091_5967798_n.jpg?oh=e994328a5fe49d9df6d2e5f482321456&oe=582000B5

Not a prototype but it was the first production Red MB-1 to be collected, I was just a bit indecisive about the black & the chrome hardware

This was a better version

mb1-1.jpg

:)

edit: less than 100 replies until the new thread. What should the new thread title be?

I was thinking

Manson guitars and equipment III: The Bridge Magician™ strikes back

Or

Manson guitars and equipment III: three isn't enough

(that's aimed at Bs in case you're wondering)

Manson guitars and equipment III: Now with 70% less glitter

Manson guitars and equipment III: Metal guitars are cool now

Manson guitars and equipment III: Honey I shrunk my wallet

Manson guitars and equipment III:

Another thread another Bs custom

Any takers?

Manson guitars and equipment III: Another thread another Bs custom

And we have a winner!

But chances are it will change several times like the general gear and tab thread, so these are all useful.