matthijs

I think Manson are in a tough position when it comes to things like that. Yes that is a lot of money for stripping and reapplying a finish, but if it was much cheaper than that I imagine they would be absolutely inundated with requests for it. They're a really small team and I think they'll need to keep prices high to keep orders manageable. Also I think they're encouraging that if you want a new finish then just buy a new guitar :p

I think Manson are in a tough position when it comes to things like that. Yes that is a lot of money for stripping and reapplying a finish, but if it was much cheaper than that I imagine they would be absolutely inundated with requests for it. They're a really small team and I think they'll need to keep prices high to keep orders manageable. Also I think they're encouraging that if you want a new finish then just buy a new guitar :p

That sound you hear is the sound of the nail being hit on the head.

Son of Santa retired now?

Yeah, the original red glitter's replacement. It was used for stockholm syndrome in rome in 2013, but I don't think it got used after that.

He was using his MB-1 earlier this year, but I think that's part of his setup for the Europe tours, so it's not being used at the moment

Haven't seen that vid, how could that happen?

I take it yours is a 2nd run??

No MB1s run likely in the next 12 months I'm guessing, I really want a sparkly one .

dunno mate

And yeah it is. Not sure when they'll do more MB-1s, but I imagine after the DL/SDLs are done. Not sure what Ross0203 will do if he has to wait that long.

Also, it looks like his new X-Y guitar(s) (the ones with the black MIDI pads) have ebony fretboards.

Fixed

Yeah pretty much. When was the last time Matt was interviewed specifically about guitars and stuff?

I did make a pointless list a while back of the guitars used on different tours, based on pictures and whatnot. No specifics, as I can't confirm those for the most part

2000:

Delorean

2001:

Delorean

7 String E guitar

2002:

Delorean

7 String E guitar

Laser

2003:

Delorean

7 string E guitar

Laser

Bomber

2004:

Delorean

7 string E guitar

Laser

Bomber

Mirror

2005:

Delorean

7 string E guitar

Laser

Bomber

Mirror

2006:

7 String E guitar

Laser (?)

Bomber (?)

Chrome Bomber

M1D1 Cracked Mirror

M1D1 black

Mirror

2007:

7 String E guitar (?)

Laser

Red Glitter

M1D1

M1D1 black

Ali top

Mirror

Chrome Bomber

Black MIDI

2008:

7 String E guitar (?)

Red glitter

Chrome bomber

Mirror

M1D1 Black

Black MIDI

Ali Top

2009:

Red glitter

Ali top

M1D1 black

Chrome bomber

black MIDI

mirror X-Y

Mirror

7 string E guitar (?)

2010:

M1D1 black

7 string E guitar

red glitter

chrome bomber

Ali top

Mirror

black MIDI

MB-1 red glitter

red glitter 2.0

double neck

2011:

red glitter 2.0

double neck

chrome bomber

ali top (?)

black MIDI (?)

M1D1 black

Mirror

7 string E guitar

trasher DL-1

2012:

Lightweight matt black

gloss black M1D1

mirror

chrome bomber

ali top

7 string MoC black glitter

black carbon

2013:

lightweight matt black

gloss black M1D1

mirror

ali top

7 string MoC black glitter

black carbon

matt black batch

red carbon

7 string E guitar

red glitter 2.0

2014:

tbc

2015:

:facepalm:

other:

sheep guitar (auctioned in 2014)

delorean prototype (auctioned in 2011)

rust relic (sold in 2005)

alloy 7 string (studio use only)

2015:

Chrome Bomber

Copper Bomber

"Metal/Iron" Bomber

Matt Black

Stealth Matt Black

Black Glitter

Silver Holey Glitter

7 String E Guitar

Black Glitter 7 String

Red Glitter MB-1

Gloss Black MIDI

Red Carbon

Stealth Kaoss Matt Black

Mirror Manson

I think that's all the models he's used so far?

He's still using the strat, but for the Globalist for some weird reason.

I think he used an Ibanez last tour, but gave it away after one song. And a PRS once on the BHAR tour, but these don't really count. I've possibly made the last one up though.

He's using the strat because it sounds good for the slide guitar parts. Strange that he uses it for the heavy parts but it sounds decent.

He used the Ibanez at that little show before the gig for competition winners in the US and used a PRS at one gig in the Black Holes tour if I remember correctly?

He's using the strat because it sounds good for the slide guitar parts. Strange that he uses it for the heavy parts but it sounds decent.

He used the Ibanez at that little show before the gig for competition winners in the US and used a PRS at one gig in the Black Holes tour if I remember correctly?

Multiple times during bhar, destroyed one at the glasgow show. Good Charlotte signature if i remember correctly

If you're referring to the Manson with the twin p90 pickups (MB-2 SE), I believe he covered it with the "M1D1 black."

Yeah. For the same reason I prefer calling the chrome kaoss the mirror X-Y :shifty:

Not a Manson, but he broke out a strat in the psycho tour as well. Not sure if he's still using it for the world tour though.

Don't think I've seen a song before those shows for some time that he hasn't used a Manson?

Yeah I was only counting his Mansons, as that's what the wiki is least accurate about.

Although, the page for the strat isn't exactly accurate either. Learn the difference between chrome and mirror :mad:

He's still using the strat, but for the Globalist for some weird reason.

I think he used an Ibanez last tour, but gave it away after one song. And a PRS once on the BHAR tour, but these don't really count. I've possibly made the last one up though.

Yeah that was in Philadelphia. Used at the soundcheck for unsustainable and was raffled away right after that.

That was the show i was thinking of! The black one yeah? Destroyed it after Stockholm? Didn't realised he'd used one in other gigs!

I think there were at least three of them. I remember there was a video of him slamming one into a speaker cabinet (forgot which show) and then at wembley arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0TsAMoWJcw

there was also that jackson guitar which was thrown into the crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoBkKXVgTWA

Archived