matthijs

Well it worked. It's like that time Jim had that transaction with Elliott Man... he just had to keep going back for more :pope:

And yeah, probably, but only if it's a cheeky nando's and it comes to me first. Otherwise, we'll both have to have it at the same time.

If you get nandos in NY the list of reasons to keep visiting this hole grows smaller and smaller.

And Highly Suspect are playing Glasgow soon and I'm very much considering it. My only trouble and the only reason I haven't already got a ticket is cos they are supporting Halestorm, Shinedown and Black Stone Cherry. Not really my bag..

I wouldn't bother. I remember there being something about the phaser really only being in the delorean because it sounded better before the fuzz factory, and you can't adjust the phase speed (unless you get something fancy like an additional control on the front of the guitar, but that's something only Bs could pull off)

Yea I emailed yesterday about it going into my custom and having the control knob on the front. The layout was approved by Adrian and Tim so looks like I'll go with it. I remember a little while back you mentioning how you've changed your mind during custom builds quite a few times from your original idea. Safe to say I've been guilty of that. Over the past 2 months I've probably sent 6 or 7 emails about different add ons/takeaways and layout preferences. :facepalm:

If you get nandos in NY the list of reasons to keep visiting this hole grows smaller and smaller.

And Highly Suspect are playing Glasgow soon and I'm very much considering it. My only trouble and the only reason I haven't already got a ticket is cos they are supporting Halestorm, Shinedown and Black Stone Cherry. Not really my bag..

I'd gladly keep visiting the UK. I'd do it again this year if I could.

I live about half an hour from NYC, so that just bores me now. The only thing that WOULD make it exiting living here is a local #nando's

And that's fair enough. I need to check their tour dates now...

Yea I emailed yesterday about it going into my custom and having the control knob on the front. The layout was approved by Adrian and Tim so looks like I'll go with it. I remember a little while back you mentioning how you've changed your mind during custom builds quite a few times from your original idea. Safe to say I've been guilty of that. Over the past 2 months I've probably sent 6 or 7 emails about different add ons/takeaways and layout preferences. :facepalm:

When did you actually send the deposit and get it started?

And yeah. :facepalm: The black carbon had the most changes. Originally it was going more or less be an MA version of Matt's super lightweight one from T2L tour, but with a matt black neck and blue LED side dots.... then with a carbon top added for more strength... THEN with a full carbon wrap added, but painted matt black... oh wait, that would be a complete waste. Just dye the thing black and clear coat it. Actually, a gloss black neck would look better against the clear gloss finish, no? We'll add that too.

So it basically went from something based on this...

800px-Mattblackmanson.jpeg

to this beast

10959054_328172987390398_6778013439259406418_o.jpg

(although I did change the bridge pickup to the black MBK-3 after I got it, but just because the original pickup wasn't playing nice with the sustainer)

I recall it was going to have the same electronics/pickup setup from the beginning at least.

Is there usually a long wait time for the MA-2 then? I assumed because they were in stock it should be posted quickly :eek:.

Really looking forward to be honest, been wanting a Manson since I was like 15 (nearly 20 blegh)

Not really, but it's not like ordering a guitar from a massive warehouse that just pulls the box off a shelf and ships it to you.

pls. I turn 26 this week. :indiff:

But yeah I get what you mean. Not long after I started listening to Muse Led Zeppelin, I wanted a Manson. Got one a few years later, but got my first Mansons strap at 15 of course.

Is there usually a long wait time for the MA-2 then? I assumed because they were in stock it should be posted quickly :eek:.

Really looking forward to be honest, been wanting a Manson since I was like 15 (nearly 20 blegh)

You were 5 when I decided I wanted a Manson, and I got mine last year. #commitment.

Haha got a Manson strap at that age too! Really looked the part on my mexi telecaster (closest thing to a Manson I could afford at that time) :rolleyes:

I've really started to listen to more "distorted" guitar music, coming out of a phase of being obsessed with jangly guitar and treating distortion like a sin.

Anyways, do the works set these guitars up? Im hoping it doesn't need too much doing when I get it...

I'd gladly keep visiting the UK. I'd do it again this year if I could.

I live about half an hour from NYC, so that just bores me now. The only thing that WOULD make it exiting living here is a local #nando's

And that's fair enough. I need to check their tour dates now...

When did you actually send the deposit and get it started?

And yeah. :facepalm: The black carbon had the most changes. Originally it was going more or less be an MA version of Matt's super lightweight one from T2L tour, but with a matt black neck and blue LED side dots.... then with a carbon top added for more strength... THEN with a full carbon wrap added, but painted matt black... oh wait, that would be a complete waste. Just dye the thing black and clear coat it. Actually, a gloss black neck would look better against the clear gloss finish, no? We'll add that too.

So it basically went from something based on this...

800px-Mattblackmanson.jpeg

to this beast

10959054_328172987390398_6778013439259406418_o.jpg

(although I did change the bridge pickup to the black MBK-3 after I got it, but just because the original pickup wasn't playing nice with the sustainer)

I recall it was going to have the same electronics/pickup setup from the beginning at least.

Yea, I love that black carbon! Posting that pic helped me decide on LEDs in the neck on this one.

The deposit was sent when I was there in October for the show. Originally intended for the DL-1, but after talking with Hugh, Adrian, and Tim coupled with a long train ride back to London that evening, I decided to go with the custom instead.

I've always loved the 007 and didn't think MGW would do an MA version until I saw rust_relic's a few days before the show. Also loving the Bomber, I wanted to combine the two. So originally Bomber MA shape + 007 which changed to just strictly an MA 007, then all of the back and forth whether I wanted the original specs (with piezo, etc) or one closer to current specs. Then back and forth a over the past two weeks with possibilities I THINK I've come to a final spec layout:

- Body: mahogany matte black

- Neck: birds eye maple (matte black) with truss rod adjuster (blue LED lights on top dots)

- rosewood fingerboard (22 frets, no dot inlays)

- matching matte black headstock with white, old school "Manson's" logo

- Fernandes sustainer (neck)

- Seymour Duncan Hot P90

- MBK-1 no logo (bridge)

- Zvex Fuzz Factory

- Zvex Wah Probe

- MXR Phase 90

- MIDI Strip Controller

- MIDI button (in place of kill switch)

- Tune-o-matic bridge - chrome

- Schaller strap locks - chrome

- Gotoh 510 H.A.P. Set-in-line chrome tuners

(Original attached picture is from rust_relic)

image.jpeg.dcfede8904e61cd3de965408e0a71299.jpeg

That's gonna look amazing when it's finished. I love the 007, probably my favourite Manson.

What's having an internal circuit actually like with the pure signal? Does it limit what effects you can do with the guitar eg: I know the whammy doesn't react well to a fuzz.

Haha got a Manson strap at that age too! Really looked the part on my mexi telecaster (closest thing to a Manson I could afford at that time) :rolleyes:

I've really started to listen to more "distorted" guitar music, coming out of a phase of being obsessed with jangly guitar and treating distortion like a sin.

Anyways, do the works set these guitars up? Im hoping it doesn't need too much doing when I get it...

Heh same here. I had a black HH Fender tele which it was 'married' to. I think I only got rid of that strap a few years back (by accident of course - it's a piece of history) but the ends were really worn down.

And yeah, they set all guitars up -- even the corts. Sometimes they arrive here needing a slight tweak, but that's after a week of international shipping.

Yea, I love that black carbon! Posting that pic helped me decide on LEDs in the neck on this one.

The deposit was sent when I was there in October for the show. Originally intended for the DL-1, but after talking with Hugh, Adrian, and Tim coupled with a long train ride back to London that evening, I decided to go with the custom instead.

I've always loved the 007 and didn't think MGW would do an MA version until I saw rust_relic's a few days before the show. Also loving the Bomber, I wanted to combine the two. So originally Bomber MA shape + 007 which changed to just strictly an MA 007, then all of the back and forth whether I wanted the original specs (with piezo, etc) or one closer to current specs. Then back and forth a over the past two weeks with possibilities I THINK I've come to a final spec layout:

- Body: mahogany matte black

- Neck: birds eye maple (matte black) with truss rod adjuster (blue LED lights on top dots)

- rosewood fingerboard (22 frets, no dot inlays)

- matching matte black headstock with white, old school "Manson's" logo

- Fernandes sustainer (neck)

- Seymour Duncan Hot P90

- MBK-1 no logo (bridge)

- Zvex Fuzz Factory

- Zvex Wah Probe

- MXR Phase 90

- MIDI Strip Controller

- MIDI button (in place of kill switch)

- Tune-o-matic bridge - chrome

- Schaller strap locks - chrome

- Gotoh 510 H.A.P. Set-in-line chrome tuners

(Original attached picture is from rust_relic)

#fancy

Did you confirm that the MBK-1 would work with the sustainer? seeing as it's a single coil.

I'd recommend the sustainiac instead of the sustainer though. They seem more consistent, and sound miles better

Edit: Actually, in single coil mode on the MB-2, the sustainer does work... it's not as strong as a humbucker though.

And speaking of the DL-1, I've confirmed the specs for my SDL-1 yesterday. Probably will be a good 9+ months until completion though.

Heh same here. I had a black HH Fender tele which it was 'married' to. I think I only got rid of that strap a few years back (by accident of course - it's a piece of history) but the ends were really worn down.

And yeah, they set all guitars up -- even the corts. Sometimes they arrive here needing a slight tweak, but that's after a week of international shipping.

#fancy

Did you confirm that the MBK-1 would work with the sustainer? seeing as it's a single coil.

I'd recommend the sustainiac instead of the sustainer though. They seem more consistent, and sound miles better

Edit: Actually, in single coil mode on the MB-2, the sustainer does work... it's not as strong as a humbucker though.

And speaking of the DL-1, I've confirmed the specs for my SDL-1 yesterday. Probably will be a good 9+ months until completion though.

I imagine MGW will make them play well. Otherwise, I could get the Motherbucker put in (to keep it looking MB), or even go a different route. As much as I love the MBK-2, I'd rather not have this and my MA-2S both have the MBK-2. Same reason I'm going with the Fernandes vs the Sustaniac (along with keeping it more like the 007).

What's the layout for your SDL-1? Swirl package??

I imagine MGW will make them play well. Otherwise, I could get the Motherbucker put in (to keep it looking MB), or even go a different route. As much as I love the MBK-2, I'd rather not have this and my MA-2S both have the MBK-2. Same reason I'm going with the Fernandes vs the Sustaniac (along with keeping it more like the 007).

What's the layout for your SDL-1? Swirl package??

Fair enough, though I'd still be tempted to put my own customizations in too, rather than base it off an existing guitar so closely.

Of course, it's up to you - just my opinion after going through all of those spec changes with the black carbon.

Also, do keep in mind that the MBK-2 will sound different depending on the guitar. To give you an idea, I was actually pretty surprised the second time I tried the MBK-2. First one was in my cracked mirror mahogany bodied MoC, which sounds a bit like a les paul with a notch in the mids (probably because of the mirror) and when I got my MB-1, it sounded completely different. More or less like the MA to give you an idea - maybe even brighter.

And I got the MBK-1 set, swirl option, and custom hardware machine heads and control knobs.

Was in contact with Adrian yesterday and he said they were gonna start my guitar next week so I SHOULD have been receiving it this time next week.

Woke up to a voicemail saying the guitar is ready and it's gonna be coming to me on Friday :D

I've heard that the finish glosses up real easy, if I use a microfibre cloth can I stop this?!

Was in contact with Adrian yesterday and he said they were gonna start my guitar next week so I SHOULD have been receiving it this time next week.

Woke up to a voicemail saying the guitar is ready and it's gonna be coming to me on Friday :D

I've heard that the finish glosses up real easy, if I use a microfibre cloth can I stop this?!

Wow, thats pretty impressive. Pics when it arrives.

Woah, congratulations! That's fast :D

Fair enough, though I'd still be tempted to put my own customizations in too, rather than base it off an existing guitar so closely.

Of course, it's up to you - just my opinion after going through all of those spec changes with the black carbon.

Also, do keep in mind that the MBK-2 will sound different depending on the guitar. To give you an idea, I was actually pretty surprised the second time I tried the MBK-2. First one was in my cracked mirror mahogany bodied MoC, which sounds a bit like a les paul with a notch in the mids (probably because of the mirror) and when I got my MB-1, it sounded completely different. More or less like the MA to give you an idea - maybe even brighter.

And I got the MBK-1 set, swirl option, and custom hardware machine heads and control knobs.

Yea I agree about the MBK-2. I had one in my mahogany cracked mirror MoC as well before I switched them out for the Rio Grande pickups.

And good call on the SDL-1. Congrats!

In my case, 96% of my bank account would be relieved thanks to G.A.S.

This could and will happen to you.

I'll do my best to change that.

Welcome back.

I'll get this in early: I hate both of you (in the nicest way) :D

Remember that guy that was waiting for like... a really long time for his MA-2, and then the moment I said I would ask about it/take a picture for him when I was visiting the works, it showed up at his door without any warning?

That was me :roll eyes:

So I was dicking around at work at work and almost found a bag of knurled control knobs .. because they were hollowed out :(

IMG_7906.thumb.JPG.b4d6213190d66df0f38c53e0022c8772.JPG

IMG_7907.thumb.JPG.9df37f0870e89142a85b226c8f69b0bb.JPG

I'll get this in early: I hate both of you (in the nicest way) :D

That was me :roll eyes:

So I was dicking around at work at work and almost found a bag of knurled control knobs .. because they were hollowed out :(

[ATTACH]18516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18521[/ATTACH]

Found enough fancy knobs for all of us xD http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knurled-Aluminum-6061-round-drops-1-5-8-O-D-knobs-Lathe-Mill-4lbs-Lot-2/121796343185?_trksid=p5411.c100170.m2943&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140131123831%26meid%3D830309c1c0014445b952e09865c3d040%26pid%3D100170%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D321700759544

As I look at that photo I can hear Bs' loins burning from across the world.

Wait, I'm still new here. What does Bs mean? ^^" I see you guys use it a lot.

Got a question about the Manson straps: They all look like they have suede backing, so does the suede shed? I've had a cheap $20 strap and a $80 Levy's strap with suede and both shed like crazy :/

Wait, I'm still new here. What does Bs mean? ^^" I see you guys use it a lot.

Got a question about the Manson straps: They all look like they have suede backing, so does the suede shed? I've had a cheap $20 strap and a $80 Levy's strap with suede and both shed like crazy :/

Bs is/was a user on here. He was best known for his work in the magic bridge saga and dude, where's my amp?

and nope. I've had several of them, no issues at all.

So who's going to buy that, machine out the last hole to mount on the guitar and provide to the Muse community??

I wouldn't mind upgrading the control knobs and tuner knobs to the custom versions, but can't justify the price, especially to get them to Canada from Mansons!

Manson arrived at midday, was so worrying because the guitar was absolutely FREEZING, to the point where I had to leave it sitting for the condensation to disappear (it was soaking)

Quick little review, guitar is amazing :eek::eek:

Compared to the Cort I would say this is a lot better, not light years ahead however. Almost the difference between a Mexican and American standard fender; guess this is a credit to the core however and not a lump to the MA-2's.

Absolutely loving the neck, It's slimmer than an American series, but not far off the current american standards.

Easily my favourite guitar, covers everything from Muse to Mcalmont and butler to Chic :)

Glad to finally own a Manson, Yes it's not an MB-1 ect but I love this guitar already. Will attach pics later :p

Archived