matthijs

Is that a p90?

What actually is a P90?

New pet peeve: people who comment "Matt Bellamy" on ANY photos on Manson's fb page. Jesus >">

Sometimes it's difficult to tell if they're even being serious

Must be for Matt, the control knobs are in the same place as all of his other manson guitars

Looks like a Matt Bellamy shirt

on a picture with a Jaguar-shaped guitar. :facepalm:

speaking of Matt Bellamy, this is probably a replica, right? Considering how MGW hasn't posted anything about it at all.

Either way, it looks good, I can only imagine how the real thing must be like. Put black aluminum knobs and machineheads on and I'll trade my soul for her.

Anyone have pictures for the one with ebony fretboard that james90 talked about a while ago?

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the DR-1's? Like yeah it's cool as a Drones gimmick and stuff and it's a Manson so it's going to be great anyway but I just wouldn't buy one to use live/in the studio. I guess maybe it's different for people who just want to play guitar and are big Muse/Manson fans but idk, personally I just wouldn't get one

Now, an SDL-1 on the other hand :stongue:

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the DR-1's? Like yeah it's cool as a Drones gimmick and stuff and it's a Manson so it's going to be great anyway but I just wouldn't buy one to use live/in the studio. I guess maybe it's different for people who just want to play guitar and are big Muse/Manson fans but idk, personally I just wouldn't get one

Live I can understand, but they don't necessarily have to take pictures of you playing it in the studio.

5rlYW9Y.jpg

There's not a lot of photos out there of the SDL-1, but the Instagram ones from the show look amazing. I wonder if there are more knocking about of someone holding it. I'm surprised the Drone guitar overlooked it tbh...

Live I can understand, but they don't necessarily have to take pictures of you playing it in the studio.

I feel like if I was going to spend the money on another Manson I'd go for something I could use live and studio equally happily though, a lot of money to pay for something just to feel uncomfortable using it on stage! They're still nice looking guitars, I just don't find owning one appeals to me

I feel like if I was going to spend the money on another Manson I'd go for something I could use live and studio equally happily though, a lot of money to pay for something just to feel uncomfortable using it on stage! They're still nice looking guitars, I just don't find owning one appeals to me

I totally get watch you mean. Tbh I'm not a big fan of the DRONE:## part - I think the guitar would look even better with just the plain olive green body.

I've been into khaki/ olive green lately though, so the DR-1 is perfect. I'm just a bedroom player so that eliminates the studio/ live part you mention. Tbh there's really no reason for me to even own a Manson :facemelt:

@james: Thanks for the picture! That's probably Matt's guitar, since they do say on Manson's website that #1 and #2 have some special war-torn finish. Where'd you get the picture from?

Yeah I can understand that. I'd play any of mine in both situations though, but then no one around here knows what they are. :facepalm: The amount of times someone recognized the Manson logo on my hoodie that I wear almost daily?... once, and it was at a Muse gig.

I totally get watch you mean. Tbh I'm not a big fan of the DRONE:## part - I think the guitar would look even better with just the plain olive green body.

I've been into khaki/ olive green lately though, so the DR-1 is perfect. I'm just a bedroom player so that eliminates the studio/ live part you mention. Tbh there's really no reason for me to even own a Manson :facemelt:

@james: Thanks for the picture! That's probably Matt's guitar, since they do say on Manson's website that #1 and #2 have some special war-torn finish. Where'd you get the picture from?

What it needs is rivets like the bomber.

And yeah, that's the first one, so it would be his. The picture was from the shop's Facebook page.

Yeah I can understand that. I'd play any of mine in both situations though, but then no one around here knows what they are. :facepalm: The amount of times someone recognized the Manson logo on my hoodie that I wear almost daily?... once, and it was at a Muse gig.

Yeah no one here really knows them either, the amount of times I've played the satin black out and about this year and people come up to me like "bloody hell what's that!" is insane! I played the glitter one at a gig end of November and that drew some confused gazes from a few people :LOL: I've had to give up explaining and resort to just answering "Matt Bellamy," when people ask :rolleyes:

Yeah no one here really knows them either, the amount of times I've played the satin black out and about this year and people come up to me like "bloody hell what's that!" is insane! I played the glitter one at a gig end of November and that drew some confused gazes from a few people :LOL: I've had to give up explaining and resort to just answering "Matt Bellamy," when people ask :rolleyes:

I'd love to see reactions of folk if I pulled out Vile during a set*. Probably a bit more recognition for a Manson in the UK but even then it's still a pretty niche brand. Seeing so many of them on here it's easy to forget that most people wouldn't recognise one, and they are really sexy guitars :facemelt:

*Not that I have any sets to play. How the fuck does one find a drummer :LOL:

I'd love to see reactions of folk if I pulled out Vile during a set*. Probably a bit more recognition for a Manson in the UK but even then it's still a pretty niche brand. Seeing so many of them on here it's easy to forget that most people wouldn't recognise one, and they are really sexy guitars :facemelt:

wo7ue.jpg

Same goes for a bassist

Next time I've got something lined up (I did recently, but it didn't exactly work out) I'll use the most over the top guitar I have. Just because.

Except it hasn't been built yet, and it's not actually a Manson. All will be revealed soon enough...it'll make that light up cracked mirror guitar look plain.

Next time I've got something lined up (I did recently, but it didn't exactly work out) I'll use the most over the top guitar I have. Just because.

Except it hasn't been built yet, and it's not actually a Manson. All will be revealed soon enough...it'll make that light up cracked mirror guitar look plain.

Ohhhhh shhheeeit. Forum moment of the year 2016??

The questions racing through my head...

Drummers I know a few, bassists on the other hand! Those guys are rarer than... than.. the rarest thing you can think of!

Get your simile game up to scratch jack!!

Seems like round here there are a fair few, but they're all really old and just want to play thin lizzy ..

Hahahaha oh the humanity. I can dabble in a bit of Lizzy every now and then but my god the amount of bassists of that time convinced they're the next Lynott must be a joke :LOL:

Ohhhhh shhheeeit. Forum moment of the year 2016??

The questions racing through my head...

Doubt it, but you might have already seen a teaser from the builder if you follow him on instagram :ninja: Not saying who it is, but it's pretty obvious I guess

If it's what I think you mean then it's bound to look ridiculously awesome.

Yeah I think it's what you think I mean.

I think :ninja:

I let him design this one from the ground up. All I did was name it - I think #2001 is a suitable name. Artificial intelligence and all that.

Archived